User Avatar Image

Free Broken Sword: Director's Cut(and other exciting GOG deals)

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 835 users

When the counter on GOG.com's front page reaches 6 million, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut will be made free for 48 hours.

GOG is also running a promo on their D&D game catalog(up to 60% off, and they're using a new promo system that incrementally raises your savings percentage with each game added). The price of The Witcher 2 has been permanently slashed to $39.99, and a promo will run on the 29th that will temporarily slash the price even further to $29.99.

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like free things. I guess I'll be keeping an eye on this...

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Alcoremortis said: I like free things. I guess I'll be keeping an eye on this...

I like free things, and I LOVE Broken Sword! It's like some marvellous chimera of good stuff!

• I own the discs or Rollercoaster Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 already, but if I buy them digitally will I still be able to use my old saves? I don't like being forced to put the disc in and $12 isn't too bad.

• Actually, after looking around on GOG, I really want to get Planescape Torment as well. WHY MUST I BE TEMPTED THIS WAY?! I have no time for game playing!

• I have purchased so many games on GOG that I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I'm insane.

Looking forward to free Broken Sword, though! Download, people, download!

• This is going to take a while isn't it?

• Huh...well, I've got four games that I haven't downloaded yet... but I'd have to remember how to switch to my windows partition...bleh. I'll do it when we're almost at six million, in the vain hope of being number six million.

• @Gman5852 said: Also, to a noob, what is GOG? I know it sells games, but I remember hearing something else about it, like it only sells older games. Is that true?

I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not. GoG stands for Good Old Games, so yeah, only older games....around pre-2005 or so from what I can tell...besides The Witcher 2.

And everything is completely DRM-free (though that doesn't necessarily mean copy protection free, in the case of Sierra games, for instance, since copy protection is hard-coded and/or scripted right into the games). Buy, download and keep forever without online authentication. You can also redownload as many times as you want.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not. GoG stands for Good Old Games, so yeah, only older games....around pre-2005 or so from what I can tell...besides The Witcher 2.

And everything is completely DRM-free (though that doesn't necessarily mean copy protection free, in the case of Sierra games, for instance, since copy protection is hard-coded and/or scripted right into the games). Buy, download and keep forever without online authentication. You can also redownload as many times as you want.

Yeah I wasnt sarcastic, Ive never used GoG in the past. That does sound cool though with older games.

• Urgh, I really want to pick up Neverwinter Nights Diamond, and to some extent, Planescape: Torment, but I'm too tapped out after Nan Desu Kan.

Add Comment