User Avatar Image

Doodo's Musings

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users

Why when experiencing life dos the brain function with certain brain waves? How does it select those types of waves, what is the process behind this? I heard it's chemical response? In a healthy brain scan, they know what to look for...these waves light up on a scan like Christmas day.

Could a brain function using different waves for different activities than our average human brain selects? Are these waves truly ideal, for experiences, for reality, for these activities they are tied to? Must it be that way?

Is the brain ultimately a receptor for the layers of reality that it filters? How accurate is it, is it all entirely objective? Is it the only form of experience, reading these layers? Is it true observation, do we make a true, indisputable connection to reality?

Do these waves make a true connection to "reality" are their similar receiving waves outside of our human bodies? What is the universe made up of? Are we connected? Is it a issue of dimension?...??
Do our bodies, minds, brains, make waves that are actually on the same level as the objective plains of reality, existence?

These brain waves, are only from a impartially working, developed brain. The true brain power, the true evolution, creation of brain isn't truly present.Ultimately, we may not be connected to a truer, more comprehensive form of reality.

[quote=YA response]Brain "waves" are a name given to phenomena that are observed when measuring the brain via electroencephalographs and similar technology. The overall rise and fall of electrical potentials in localized areas. Because they're easily observed, they are useful in correlating brain states and brain function. But you shouldn't confuse them with how the brain works.

Similarly, an experienced mechanic could use the sound an engine makes to diagnose how it is operating. But we wouldn't ascribe the sound waves with any sort of utility to the engine. You could say that brain waves are indications of an overall pattern of activity within the brain.

The activity pattern is driven primarily through neural activity. That activity is signalling by discharge of an electrichemical potential in the neurons and by neurotransmitters. The activity at this scale is much faster and more fine-grained than simple chemical responses. But hormones and other chemicals do produce system-wide changes in activity as well.

So I might read your question as "could a brain function using different overall patterns for activities than our average human brain does". My opinion is yes and no.

Yes, it's entirely conceivable that a brain could exist that uses radically different techniques to process and use information that our brains do. In such a sense, the brain waves would be very different.

But at the same time, such a brain is not going to pop into existence in a human. Just like all the engines that Ford puts in cars work just about the same way, all human brains appear to have certain overall processing techniques that are very conservative (even if we don't understand the details of how the processing works).[/quote]

517 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You could have just summarized it as: Stargate is a real thing.

• @Rather Dashing said: Wait, so I'm confused. Do I have this summary right?:

-We were created by alien Gods
    -They're like, totally awesome superheroes
    -We're failing judgement standards that, for some reason, entirely align with doodo's sense of ethics
    -Something about antimatter spaceships
    -The government is very much lying to us in a way that is shockingly similar to the way people have been saying the government has been lying to us for, oh, 60 years or so at least?
    -Science(by humans) is evil or manipulated for evil
    -Science(by aliens) is inherently good and ethically sound by doodo's standards
    -Science fiction is cool

Is that everything?

This is my musings thread, is that understood by everyone? It's like my blog...I am entitled to my own opinions, you have your own. There's nothing wrong with me having my own opinions. I never studied antimatter ships, don't know anything about that. Where ever she got that, it's not my gospel....

I have my own beliefs about morals, that's ok by me. People are twisting things into something nasty and I have to ask you why. I don't question others morals that often, even if I am preachy . Ultimately you're going to have your own morals.

I have mine, and I'm ok with that, but I am going to share those time to time. Of course science can be used for evil, is that really a mystery?

I never said science by aliens was good.

Why every one is jumping into this like it's a confrontation, or some sort of argument is way beyond me.

I stated my own beliefs, if you want me to defend myself, then quote me. I don't want some one's summary. Each to their own, but I never said that, never said most of that.

You all keep going on and on about this, does it amuse you? Why? This is my musing thread, you can all go on and on about it, but hey...some of my personal views are going to be in my personal musing thread....

Why are you offended, do you know the full scope, use of science, I have read a few things, believe in those things so I have my own moral scope, if you don't even reconginze a moral scope what so ever, what am I to think? Do you have any clue what science is capable of with technologies and mapping human genetics?

You're here to disagree with me, and apparently I'm here to keep posting the same thing over and over again because you're in some sort of heat to post in my thread.

Vanity, ego, you just can't let it go? This is my personal musings thread, I am entitled to my own opinions.

This is my personal musing thread, I can say whatever the hell I think, believe. You want to argue that's your problem, but leave me out of it, go and do your own research. I have my own personal beliefs, I've shared with you, you've shared with me, now you're just being pretentious and beating a dead horse....

I have my own beliefs and you're not open to mine, I respect that I don't want to go on arguing, fighting, yet you're still here adding heat to all of this, that's why my morals I'm accused of have been ridiculously blown out of proportion. I can't make you believe in aliens, or anything like that. End of story, like wise no matter how hard you try or I try you can't prove they don't exist. I could post several stories, accounts, videos, they wouldn't mean anything to you.

Now, stop spamming my thread, please...

Because you're becoming a tool to just discourage me, mock me for having my own beliefs and it's ignorant. Again, as I keep saying, believe whatever the hell you want to, I don't mind. Your troll energy is levitated through the roof, you're treating me as if I have all the answers to the universe,and no one does, no matter what my beliefs are, I'm not going to have all the answers. You don't either, put your complexes away if they are out. Because no one has all the answers. I have certain beliefs, deal with it...

You don't have all the answers to many things in your life, either, now leave me alone. I have my own beliefs, show me some respect, please.

I have no need or desire for imbalance with you. You can't prove they don't exist. You can't.

You're vanity, ego complex finds amusement in trying to get me stirred up, your complex takes over it's very strong. Especially as scientist. It's easy to read, I've read it, stop wasting my time. I don't need to be pestered by you because you feel i am silly or uneducated. There's about as much imagination in the whole thing as there is a stick in the mud.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@doodo! said:
    Now, stop spamming my thread, please...

Doodo, no one has made a personal attack on you or gotten angry. This is a public forum - a place for discussion, not a soapbox. You've been sharing plenty of views and opinions in this thread, did you not expect others to post comments and questions about the ideas you're putting forward?

If you want to share things on the internet without being questioned, I'd suggest setting up your own blog using a site like Blogger or WordPress, and disabling comments.

• @puzzlebox said: Doodo, no one has made a personal attack on you or gotten angry. This is a public forum - a place for discussion, not a soapbox. You've been sharing plenty of views and opinions in this thread, did you not expect others to post comments and questions about the ideas you're putting forward?

If you want to share things on the internet without being questioned, I'd suggest setting up your own blog using a site like Blogger or WordPress, and disabling comments.

Yes, of course it's possible the admins join too, of course. That's expected to be possible , happen.

You tell me then, how to disprove or prove aliens. Be my guest, any of you. I have my own beliefs, yes disagreeing is one thing, but making a whole page of jokes is insulting. It is in fact insulting to me and at the least it makes a case for itself. It's pretentious and makes it out to be a joke, dumbed down, silly. It is insulting, and if you can't see that then you're just not being open minded how others may feel when they have personal views that are done up like a comedy show.

I already said, many times, I'm ok if they disagree, what more is there to say ? You want a intelligent conservation? Go ahead, be my guess, buddy prove aliens do or do not exist or have or have not visited earth. Go ahead, show us your wisdom.

@puzzlebox said: Wow! There's my proof! Cool. Aliens exist and now we can do research to find out how they exist. Looks like all the paranormal people will have to go back to looking for ghosts and stuff.

I find such comments insulting and if you can't respect that you only show me disrespect as well, and show false intentions, standards as a admin. He posted a video of a star trek ship, if you can't sense the troll energy here, then maybe you're incapable of reading into troll energies.

Here's the video again..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e22S98LNIq0

And even if I were half blind I could post other examples in this thread of pure trolldom, provocation, such as stargate...

@puzzlebox said: You could have just summarized it as: Stargate is a real thing.

I don't think it's funny, and it's obviously to anyone with two eyes and a brain a ridicule...

@puzzlebox said: None of you are arguing about anything significant.

Yet they go on and on, so don't give me some double standard...I already tried to lay this to rest multiple times. I already let them disagree and that was fine, but they wanted to have fun with it, get the thread closed or just poke fun at me.

• @doodo! said: This is my musings thread, is that understood by everyone?

He's gone mad with power! TTG you created a monster!!

• @coolsome said: He's gone mad with power! TTG you created a monster!!

No, not at all, XD...all I'm trying to say, if people would stop trying to create drama , is that you're in a thread called some guy's musings, you're probably going to hear what he thinks about things in life.

Not to mention that was the first line of like 6 paragraphs, it's sort of out of context...and again, people need to back off this thread. It's not my problem, it's people continuing to try to find a argument with me or make me look bad.

I already said I don't have all the answers, believe what ever you want to believe. That's fair...and it would only be fair if I was treated fairly in return.

Honestly? What the heck was this?

8XUfv.gif

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@doodo! said: Yes, of course it's possible the admins join too, of course. That's expected to be possible , happen.
    [...]
    I find such comments insulting and if you can't respect that you only show me disrespect as well, and show false intentions, standards as a admin.

From my point of view, there has been a bit fun poked at the ideas presented, but no one has attacked you as a person.

I respect that you feel insulted by some posts in this thread. If you genuinely feel that strongly about it, I can treat this as a religious discussion gone out of hand and close it to further posts.

• @doodo! said: Honestly? What the heck was this?

8XUfv.gif

Fawful requested that I post it.

• The burden of proof on a claim is with the claimant. If I assert there is a devilbeast that eats children at night, the burden is on me to prove it, not others to prove it oent exist. Similarly it's why I not argue to 'prve' God exists even though I have my reasons for believing he does.

• @doodo! said:
    Honestly? What the heck was this?

8XUfv.gif

MoviePoster.jpg

This discussion has been closed.