User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nancy Drew: Trail Of The Twister

The good:
    - 2 difficulty settings for puzzles
    - about 8 hours of playtime at this price
    - It runs on my PC
    - No cooking minigame
    - auto-saves before possible deaths, instant retry option

The bad:
    - One of the weaker stories in the series
    - car-driving scenes
    - at least 90 ,minutes were spent doing a minigame
    - to get another "achievement" I would have to spend at least another 60 minutes with that minigame

The ugly
    - people asking when will you be finished when you just started solving a longer puzzle. That was annoying!
    - repetition of some "puzzles" (catching mice)
    - as usual no task list when playing as senior detective.

Overall score: 7/10

• Tomb Raider: Anniversary, as part of the Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3.

The Good
    - Graphics were nice
    - Updated Lara model looks better (and they fixed the odd thing with her shirt when she shoots that guy with the shotgun)
    - Controls are good... mostly
    - Core gameplay suitably Prince-of-Persia like
    - 'Full health when loading Checkpoints' design flaw still works

The Bad
    - Controls can just plain fail on occasion
    - Hidden artifacts are hidden stupidly well in places
    - I've played it through half-a-dozen times already and I'm sick to death of it, but that's not exactly the games fault, so I don't really know why I'm mentioning it
    - Several trophies are pretty harsh

The Ugly
    - The camera hates you with a passion unrivaled, and will be the cause of countless deaths, especially whenever you need to use your grapple on a wall-hook to do a wall-run and then jump away from the wall. It will fail you every single time you need to do this. Seriously, fuck the camera. Fuck it hard with a rusty chainsaw.

Score: 7/10. Might be higher if I weren't fed up of it.

• Shadow Complex on X-Box Live Arcade.

What a cool game. Basically a Super Metroid clone set in the modern day, but it does the whole Super Metroid thing... well... almost as good as Super Metroid.

9/10

• Greed: Black Border - A top down Hack’n’Slash/Action-RPG in the style of Diablo, set in the future.

I found it quite fun despite it's bad reviews, but I agree with most of them.
    There is no real story and the places and monsters you fight are the same over and over.
    The graphics are really nice though, and the music is really good although it's put on continuous repeat, but you can always mute it and put on your own music. :)

But as I am a fan of Diablo type games, I quite enjoyed it so it's a shame it's kinda short. And it was left with an open ending that could lead on to a second game, but because it hasn't sold well I don't think that will happen.

So my personal rate will be 7/10 - Quite enjoyable despite it's flaws.

• I'm playing The Whispered World.

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's a great game with wonderful atmosphere, a solid compelling story, and a sad but interesting protagonist.

The only problem I have with it involves the voice acting. Though solid, at times the voice actors seem to have an accent that shows on rare occasion. More importantly, the speech seems to at times have the first or last letter of a line cut off. When I have the subtitles turned off, it becomes all the more apparent because I'm not reading what the first word was.

• Finally played and completed Sam & Max season 3.
    And as I do feel embarrassed about that, it was a total blast.

How can anyone ever give it less than 10/10.

• @VeronicanPlay said:
    How can anyone ever give it less than 10/10.

I can. But I did not. Because I did not rate the episodes yet.
    And I don't want to have to replay the season again just to rate them. That's how much I didn't like most of the season. :(

• @VeronicanPlay said: How can anyone ever give it less than 10/10.

*raises hand*

• @der_ketzer said: I can. But I did not. Because I did not rate the episodes yet.
    And I don't want to have to replay the season again just to rate them. That's how much I didn't like most of the season. :(

I will correct my sentence to How can I give it any les than 10/10.

Don't feel so good putting words into other peoples mouths. :)

Add Comment