User Avatar Image

That's it! I'm done with EA!

posted by Zeek on - last edited - Viewed by 639 users

I'll keep this brief.

I was banned from posting in The Sims 3 forums because I criticized their developers over what happened a few days ago when their Demo corrupted saved data from the main base game.

In my appeal, I discovered that the ban was because the developers didn't like my comment. That's right, I was banned for criticizing the developers. I even asked about the other people out there who did the exact same thing I did, only using harsher language. They got banned as well.

So, yeah, I can't post information or help other users out by pointing them to a bug report thread because I'm banned for criticizing their developers.

I seriously doubt TTG--any other developer for that matter--would do that.

EDIT: Oh, now this is just great. I now discovered that my ban isn't limited to The Sims 3. It's the entire EA library. My log-in cannot access my accounts on Spore.com or even the EA Store itself. I can only access their Customer Service area with no restrictions. Everywhere else, I'm been banned from even looking at the site as a member/user!

That's... urgh...

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I gave up on EA when Spore came around, not because the game was bad, (it was just mediocre) but because of that whole SecuROM nonsense. Would have given up on them sooner had I known Sims 2 incorporated SecuROM on later expansions. Pain in the butt to get that off my computer. B|

Though your experience does sound pretty crappy as well. "Valid criticism? OH NO WE ARE DEFEATED."

• Wow if EA did that then they suck i wonder do they know that by people saying stuff that's wrong with a game means they are meant to take care of the bugs and stuff to make there next game better but they just go and ban people.

• @PecanBlue said: I gave up on EA when Spore came around, not because the game was bad, (it was just mediocre) but because of that whole SecuROM nonsense. Would have given up on them sooner had I known Sims 2 incorporated SecuROM on later expansions. Pain in the butt to get that off my computer. B|

Well, EA learned their lesson from that when Spore won the title of "Most Pirated Game in History." After that, they released a program that would remove SecuROM from the computer.

But that made world news. I doubt my banning because I criticized their developers for releasing a buggy demo will make a dent at all.

• Well even if it's not SecuROM anymore, I don't really think they've learned their lesson.

But perhaps I am out of the loop since I have not touched an EA game in a while. I started up Sims 3 for a bit but several things about it when compared to 2 were turning me off, and then I saw their "pay for exclusive items" thing and that's when I went full-on "screw you, EA".

• Oh, it's worse than that. Just before the SNAFU that happened recently, EA released several buggy "Exclusive Pay Items." If you had those items by themselves, they would work fine. But if you had any more that were in the same category or accessed a similar line of code in the core programming files, you'd get compatibility issues out the ying-yang. And according to the DLC Terms, EA is under no obligation to fix the issue.

Then again, there's a compatibility bug with their physical game copies that hasn't been fixed since it was found. It just turned 2 years old this month.

• EA is good to their sports game users. They constantly update and patch. That being said, I've heard A LOT of people swearing them off because of Sims 3 incidents. Myself, being in the prior, have had no problems with them; seems they play favorites with games. :/

• I enjoyed their early Harry Potter games (1 and 2). Completely untrue to the books/movies in both plot and character development...and architecture...and spellcasting...but boy were they fun. Just goes to show that a game doesn't need to make sense to be perfectly enjoyable.

Though I will say that I completely gave up on the stealth section on the second game and just ran for it. Still worked.

• @Johro said: EA is good to their sports game users. They constantly update and patch. That being said, I've heard A LOT of people swearing them off because of Sims 3 incidents. Myself, being in the prior, have had no problems with them; seems they play favorites with games. :/

I've been noticing that as well. They seem to favor their big console titles, like their Sports division as you've pointed out, over the other titles they have in their library. It makes me wonder why they even have those titles, since it is clear all their money is going into other projects that are almost always going to bring them in positively reviewed products.

I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to do that instead of having a bunch of people on one project and then a bare-bones team that can't produce the same high quality product because they are so limited on the other?

• Updated my first post with some more, disturbing news.:(

• @Zeek said: Updated my first post with some more, disturbing news.:(

guess the thread title is truer than you intended

Add Comment