User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Movie

posted by StewG on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Hi!
I was just wondering if there ever would be made a Sam & Max movie.

I´m sure Steve Purcell could put something together. That would just be the best thing ever.

If anyone has an idea, please post it, and if not, then find one:p

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If you are going to be this annoying, then I'm going to be brutally honest in my critique about your fan video.

It sucks.

Want to know why?

For starters, your opening clip is from a different, BETTER-MADE fan trailer. That right there will turn people off from your video, because guess what? You're stealing. You aren't appropriating; you're ripping off someone else's trailer.

Second, your audio is so loud that it's forcing me to turn off the trailer. I didn't even make it to the end because you couldn't figure out how to keep the volume out of the red. I literally stop playing your video because of how horrible the audio was mashed together.

Want to make it better?

1. BE ORIGINAL! Don't just take someone else's trailer and mash them up with different company logos and an audio swap. Actually put some effort into it.

2. LEARN HOW TO EDIT PROPERLY!! Not professionally, but properly. Know how to cut clips. Learn how to normalize your audio levels so they aren't blaring out of my speakers at full volume.

3. MAKE IT INTERESTING! If I turned it off after a minute, what makes you think that anyone would want to sit through two minutes of it? Like I said, you turned it off within 30 seconds of the trailer because you weren't being original in your edit, and you didn't do anything interesting. You just played the clip. YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR VIEWER TO BE TURNED OFF BY YOUR TRAILER!

There, you got your response. And like I said, this is my honest, most brutal critique as someone who has experience editing video.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Back on topic or this thread gets locked. Pepsi, please stop multi-posting. If you want to add more, use the edit feature.

Thank you!

• Okay, getting back on topic, there are several debates that need to be worked out:

1. Live Action vs. Animation: Do you think it would be better if the film was made with real actors shot on location, or do you think that it would be better if the movie was just animated?

2. Actors: Who should play the two lead characters? Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, Dave Nowlin and William Kasten, or another set of actors?

3. Plot: Should the plot of the movie follow the comics, the games, or should it be an original idea?

4. Director: Fairly straightforward. Who should direct the movie?

5. Film Company: We've already established that Pixar will be highly unlikely to handle the film, so what other film companies could handle the film?

Okay, I've set up the guidelines to get the thread back on track, so please respond.

• 1. Animation. Live action would just MURDER it. And hopefully it'll be 2D and not 3D, though I'm worried that it'll probably end up being the latter.

2. Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, because what can I say? I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

3. I say it should be more along the lines of the comics.

4. Steve Purcell, the creator, obviously.

5. I don't know... maybe some indie film company? It'll probably be one of those direct-to-DVD things.

• @lattsam said: 1. Animation. Live action would just MURDER it. And hopefully it'll be 2D and not 3D, though I'm worried that it'll probably end up being the latter.

2. Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, because what can I say? I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

3. I say it should be more along the lines of the comics.

4. Steve Purcell, the creator, obviously.

5. I don't know... maybe some indie film company? It'll probably be one of those direct-to-DVD things.

I don't know I would actually like to see Pixar do Sam&Max...Steve works there and he knows the system. Their are so many positives for it but...then again there is...Disney.

Add Comment