User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just finished Shadow of the Beast on my Minimig, a little board this Dutch (I think) guy designed quite some time ago, that is basically a small board acting pretty much exactly as a real Amiga, only using an SD card instead of a floppy drive.
    It uses real (9 pin) Amiga joysticks though.
    There are some compatibility issues with certain games, but only a few... the vast majority work perfectly.

300px-Minimig_rev1.jpg

Anyway, the cool thing about the Minimig is that you hook it up directly to a TV, using a VGA cable... so it's a really convenient way to play Amiga games on TVs, and hooked up to a stereo as well (I'm getting really nice sound, using a very nice sound setup here).

One thing I like about the Minimig is that, just as on a real Amiga, you can't use savestates... using those can be so damn tempting at times, especially in difficult games such as Shadow of the Beast.
    So in that way I'm glad it doesn't offer me the option, though it would have been convenient for other things though.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Trackmania 2, about half an hour every night. Ranking place 3 in my district (among 62 players), and working hard to maintain that place. ;)

I love how the single player is so decidedly single player although you DO compete with people all over the world. If only I were better. :D

• The new version of Psychonauts on Steam once it downloaded. (there are rumors that they changed the Meat Circus Level and added neat Steam features and there is a MAC version now)

and

The Binding Of Isaac once the patch that lets me change the controls is released.

• Planescape: Torment. I "die" a lot. Mainly because I also seem to have a nasty habit of accidentally pissing really powerful people off. Knew I should have gone for a higher Charisma score...

• Charisma and wisdom are the most important stats in that game.

• For me, I decided to be a genius wise person. Mainly because there was no option for being a lucky bastard like I do for the Fallout games.

• Finished first Episode Of Back to the Future, and have started in Alien vs Predator.
    Done with Marine and Alien, just got the Predator left and so far the Alien was most fun. :)

• The Binding of Isaac.

OH. MY. GOD.

This game is fantastic!!! :D

I managed after a few playthroughs to get all the way to the final boss.
    Then I died.

Normally I would totally rage about that, but in this game it isn't so bad.

The game is short, but its very, very easy to die.

Even with my super-powered Isaac, I came very close to dieing a lot.
    (and the only way one gets another chance is to find a green 1 up mushroom. If one can find it!)

Add Comment