User Avatar Image

Dvd now shipping!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

Now that BttF has wound down, newcomers probably remember that they are entitled to a free disc. Here's a quick FAQ on how you get it:

1. Make sure you bought it directly from Telltale. Only PC/Mac pruchases from Telltale's store qualify. iPad, PS3 and third party sites do not get a free disc.

-YOU CAN NOW SKIP STEP 2!-

3. Pre-order. This gives Telltale a good idea how many discs need to be pressed. If you don't pre-order, you'll still get your disc, but it will take more time. Telltale will put up a blog post when they are available.

4. Pay for shipping. The discs are free, but you will still have to pay for shipping. If you are not in the US or Canada, and you want a bunch of things from Telltale, it may be cheaper to have everything shipped at once, so keep this in mind, too.

5. More waiting!

6. Get your disc. Hug it and be nice to it. It won't bite, I promise.

Preorders are now available, in regular and limited edition Special flavors.

633 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Seg

@MarkoH01 said: Could someone please describe what's on the DVD exactly? Are there any videos or commentaries and are they to use in a regular DVD Player or only wmv or similar files? What about the different languages versions for the game - are all languages included on the DVD?

Video Content
    All the videos are mp4; No DVD-Video on this disc. Whatever program you have for MP4 files you have, it should work. This includes iTunes/Quicktime, VLC, Preview.app, Windows Media, etc.

Now that we're doing dual format discs for Windows and Mac, it's really hard or in some cases impossible to do DVD-Video AND have a proper presentation and content on computers. Part of the reason is that there's just not enough disc space left. There's also file system issues that break DVD-Video players.

Languages
    All the languages we shipped with. I believe that's English, German, French. The extras content, including the autorun launcher, is in English.

• @Dominique83 said: Thx for the Link, i will certainly try it.
    The video is looking good, it's fantastic that there is a sequel to sam & max.
    since a lot of former employees are from LucasArts,
    i hope the next project after jurassic park will be another
    "day of the tentacle":p with Bernard, Hoagie, Laverne & dr. Fred :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJioAZ1oIY&feature=related

I feel It's been far too long since a Maniac Mansion game was released! I would love to see the TellTale Team do a remake of the first two and continue on from there: it'd be simply awesome! I haven't played a TTG game yet that hasn't been just good, old-fashioned, hilarious, point-and-click style FUN! Which of course would lead me to believe that these folks would do an AMAZING job remaking one of my personal favorite old-school Lucasarts games. (I have a copy of Day of the Tentacle, but my computer can't figure out how to make it run LOL)

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@Raist1277 said: I have a copy of Day of the Tentacle, but my computer can't figure out how to make it run

Running Day of the Tentacle (and many more classic games from LucasArts, Sierra, Revolution Software,...) on newer computers is a breeze with ScummVM.

• Can anyone help mine has been processing for 5 days now!

• @Seg said: Video Content
    All the videos are mp4; No DVD-Video on this disc. Whatever program you have for MP4 files you have, it should work. This includes iTunes/Quicktime, VLC, Preview.app, Windows Media, etc.
    Now that we're doing dual format discs for Windows and Mac, it's really hard or in some cases impossible to do DVD-Video AND have a proper presentation and content on computers. Part of the reason is that there's just not enough disc space left. There's also file system issues that break DVD-Video players.

That's very sad to hear. Watching the videos and listen to the commentaries was something I really liked about the "Sam & Max" DVDs. If there is not much extra to look forward to (and I can download trailers in MP4 without problem and for free) - why should I pay another 18$ for the DVD? Maybe you should rethink your "dual format" apporoach if this leads to so much trouble.

• @MarkoH01 said: That's very sad to hear. Watching the videos and listen to the commentaries was something I really liked about the "Sam & Max" DVDs. If there is not much extra to look forward to (and I can download trailers in MP4 without problem and for free) - why should I pay another 18$ for the DVD? Maybe you should rethink your "dual format" apporoach if this leads to so much trouble.

The MP4 files are NOT just trailers! They are the commentary videos as far as I'm aware. Nowhere did he say that it was just the trailers for the game.

• @jweir said: The MP4 files are NOT just trailers! They are the commentary videos as far as I'm aware. Nowhere did he say that it was just the trailers for the game.

And the commentaries where on a regular DVD before (again I praise the Sam & Max DVD) - now they are not and I can't see a good reason for it. What is it exactly you get by buying this DVD what you don't have when ony downloading the episodes directly from telltale? Five MP4 Commentary Videos and some Trailers already on their web site is this it? Don't get me wrong: I love the TTG an I have some other DVDs from them already here in the shelf but it seems for me the "value" for the DVD releases is declining - and the postage costs are rising....this id the first time I'm not sure if I should spend that extra money.

• @Hitchhiker With Towel said: When I clicked on the tracking number to double-check the order status, I was surprised to find it claiming my order had already reached my town! On my way out the door soon after, I checked my mailbox and sure enough, there it was!

Hoe can you track your order on telltale? Mine says processing, but can I still see where it is?

• Well it's been "processing" for about a week now. After multiple attempts I managed to get a surly one sentence email from Telltale that didn't tell me anything.

Pretty poor really, probably won't do this again.

• Oh and I pre ordered on the understanding that it was "shipping in September" it's now October so this simply isn't true and probably breaches trading laws here in the UK. At the very least they could respond to emails appropriately :/

Add Comment