User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: Which is nothing at all so far.

Again, TTG has enough projects that I'm not sure they'll get around to announcing anything about this for quite a while. Especially given that it was the last project on their list of upcoming games when it was first announced. Not that they have to start or finish each project in the exact order as on that list, but it certainly could be an indication of how long they may take before doing anything with the game.

And I think that it's good that KQ is at the end of the list. With franchise like KQ it's better to take all the time you need and make a decent game, rather than make quickly a half-baked game, which would just annoy the fanboys and make them cry for murder.

• I'd really love if TT released some little slice of information about their KQ game; a drawing, a screenshot; a little info about how it's a reboot if it is, or a sequel--Any little slice of info would be cool of them.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: I'd really love if TT released some little slice of information about their KQ game; a drawing, a screenshot; a little info about how it's a reboot if it is, or a sequel--Any little slice of info would be cool of them.

I think it's because Telltale knows that they have bitten off more than they can chew with this game and its nitpicky asshole fan base (proud member, right here! ;)). They are scared shitless about this game.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Lambonius said: I think it's because Telltale knows that they have bitten off more than they can chew with this game and its nitpicky asshole fan base (proud member, right here! ;)). They are scared shitless about this game.

I can't tell if you're serious or not! I'd say it's more due to the fact they tend to keep pretty quiet on the info front until they're actually gearing up for a release. There are a few things in the queue before KQ comes out. :)

• @Lambonius said: I think it's because Telltale knows that they have bitten off more than they can chew with this game and its nitpicky asshole fan base (proud member, right here! ;)). They are scared shitless about this game.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

I had a small chitchat with Kevin Bruner about this last time I met him. They understand that King's Quest fans are very set in what they want and they are reading what you guys post here.

This is, after all, the most active forums they have of an unreleased game.

• @Cez said: I had a small chitchat with Kevin Bruner about this last time I met him. They understand that King's Quest fans are very set in what they want and they are reading what you guys post here.

This is, after all, the most active forums they have of an unreleased game.

Just what I thought! They want to see what we expect from the game, and they may change their plans according to it. Perhaps they will even release polls in the future.

• Much like BTTF! I hope they'd give more choices than simply about story approach and design and pose questions about actual gameplay.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Much like BTTF! I hope they'd give more choices than simply about story approach and design and pose questions about actual gameplay.

I doubt it. Telltale has already proven that they don't think their customers are capable of complex thoughts. Why would they put any stock in their customers' ideas about gameplay?

• All that is important for King's Quest is that they take their time to tell a good story. I would prefer a little drawn out, longer, more complex story even if they keep the difficulty the same as / simpler than they always have. King's Quest always felt more about the adventure, so I hope they focus on a good story for it. Something a la KQ5 or KQ6. If they do that I would be happy.

Add Comment