3.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@divisionten said: I will tell you- straight acrylics won't blend wet so easily. I actually get that effect by using long expired paint. The paints I used in the backgrounds are over ten years old, and it does a fantastic job of blending wet and doig a few other funky things, although old acrylics stink to high heck.

The foreground was made with new paint, though.

Last experiment I made in that direction were "Golden Open" Acrylics. That stuff dries REALLY slowly, but the first project (Baby Amelia Earhart card) was still a huge failure.

• If you guys are trying to do wet-on-wet, why don't you go with oils instead?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Ah! Don't go there. I live in a one-room apartment, and I've really considered oils for the last years. I melt with envy when I see what James Gurney does with the stuff. Alas, it's just not possible. The fumes of the solvents would always be in the room (the paints themselves smell, and water-soluble oils are reportedly rubbish) and there's no space to let the paintings dry. Also, oils are more costly - not the paints themselves, but the painting surfaces, which also take significantly more space, which, as you see, is just not there, and...

...you see, this is going nowhere.

For the same fume, space and cost reason (with the additional "noise" added here), I won't do airbrush, and that pains me also, because right now, that would be my direction. ;)

Let's see where my present endeavors bring me. Halloween contest, hello. :D

• @crfh- oh my gosh, looks great! :D

• hey guys, look what i found from deviant arts...
    rampant_plot_bunnies_by_sailorv_babe-d4b
    that's SailorV-babe's artwork, not mine.
    P.S: look at her Description

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

pepsi- this is the Sam and Max fanart thread. As cool as it looks, it is not posed in the right location. Please move it to the General Art thread. Thank you.

• @divisionten said: pepsi- this is the Sam and Max fanart thread. As cool as it looks, it is not posed in the right location. Please move it to the General Art thread. Thank you.

Actually, that's Girl Stinky and Jurgen in the background, and The Geek as a Magical Girl in the front. It's a bit difficult difficult to tell without color, though.

@crfh: Nice profile! Never get tired of your inking! Also, I loved that Noir Sam picture with Flint. Great reference to the Max getting shot comic!

@pepsi: Did you get permission from Sailor V-Babe to post this. Don't get me wrong, I love this. I just want to know she's okay with this.

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: Actually, that's Girl Stinky and Jurgen in the background, and The Geek as a Magical Girl in the front.

*to divisionten* CI?

• Jurgen looks too pretty!

Add Comment