User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 35.9K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: But it's converted to 3D, so why would you even want it in the first place? Even believers in 3D say that converted movies look terrible.

I haven't seen any converted 3D movie so I didn't know there all concidered but I had a feeling that Lion King would be awful in 3D.

• @coolsome said: I haven't seen any converted 3D movie so I don't know but I assumed that Lion King would be awful in 3D.

It looked awful in the freaking commercials. That is not a good sign.

• @Rather Dashing said: films that just pull a 2D image out at you like a dollar store pop-up book.

Actually... I think that the pop-up book idea could make an rather interesting film concept where 3D might actually bring some artistic value to a movie, rather than being a cheap gimmick. Like...if the point of the film was that it was a pop-up book or the film was intentionally done in a pop-up book style, maybe a 2D animation where the 3D is layered to give the effect of viewing a living pop-up book. I can actually view this as being something I'd want to see.

• @Alcoremortis said: Actually... I think that the pop-up book idea could make an rather interesting film concept where 3D might actually bring some artistic value to a movie, rather than being a cheap gimmick. Like...if the point of the film was that it was a pop-up book or the film was intentionally done in a pop-up book style, maybe a 2D animation where the 3D is layered to give the effect of viewing a living pop-up book. I can actually view this as being something I'd want to see.

It's worth noting that the 3D in the new Paper Mario game on 3DS looks stunning.

• @coolsome said: I haven't seen any converted 3D movie so I didn't know there all concidered but I had a feeling that Lion King would be awful in 3D.

I saw it. It was... interesting. It definitely wasn't layered like I assumed it would be. It felt almost as if they had converted the characters into 3D models, but they still looked exactly the same (I can't think of a better way to word that, sorry. :V ) All in all, I wouldn't be against them doing more movies like that.

• @Zeek said: Unless you are watching Clash of the Titans remake. Seriously, Liam Neason's hair is BEHIND his face and shows no spacial connection to his temple at all.:rolleyes:

Or The Last Airbender.

• detail-111003.jpg

Now you're stinking with portals.

• @Alcoremortis said: Actually... I think that the pop-up book idea could make an rather interesting film concept where 3D might actually bring some artistic value to a movie, rather than being a cheap gimmick. Like...if the point of the film was that it was a pop-up book or the film was intentionally done in a pop-up book style, maybe a 2D animation where the 3D is layered to give the effect of viewing a living pop-up book. I can actually view this as being something I'd want to see.

Kung Fu Panda 2. The opening is EXACTLY that, only with Chinese Shadow puppets!

• @Zeek said: Kung Fu Panda 2. The opening is EXACTLY that, only with Chinese Shadow puppets!

But isn't it weird to have shadow puppets that pop out of the screen?

• @Alcoremortis said: But isn't it weird to have shadow puppets that pop out of the screen?

No, they do the opposite, actually. The intro goes INTO the screen. There is no pop-out from what I remember. It was really impressive.

Add Comment