User Avatar Image

Kingdom Hearts

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users

Title really says it all

I'm gonna start with i find really sad that Roxas spent the whole summer in a machine and has friends but they don't even know him and they don't try to become friends :(

421 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [QUOTE=Gman5852;547167]1.Just use spoiler tags.
    2.No. Disney would NOT kill of one of their characters.

how do i use them?

• I used to be a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. I could really care less about it now considering the fact that its another cash cow from Square. The thing I loved about the KH series was the music. I even have a few songs from the game on my Ipod Touch. And I really like how well the Disney characters look in the game. Square does a better job with CG for Disney characters than Disney does.

The main problem with this game series aside from the fanbase being more of a nutshell than Twilight and Harry Potter is this the fact that Disney's characters as well as the FF characters are cast aside for new characters. . Like Sora and the organization. This may vary to a few people. I never liked Sora's character, he was a pain. He was like a reject from a proposed FF game that somehow made its way through the cracks. It would have been better if somebody like Donald or Mickey was the main character for the series over Sora. I remember reading an interview that Disney wanted Donald as the main character for KH, but Square wanted Mickey as the main character. It wasn't until the designer/creator rejected that and created Sora and his crew. If they went with Mickey, Epic Mickey probably wouldn't have happened.

• @Leplaya said: I used to be a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. I could really care less about it now considering the fact that its another cash cow from Square. The thing I loved about the KH series was the music. I even have a few songs from the game on my Ipod Touch. And I really like how well the Disney characters look in the game. Square does a better job with CG for Disney characters than Disney does.

The main problem with this game series aside from the fanbase being more of a nutshell than Twilight and Harry Potter is this the fact that Disney's characters as well as the FF characters are cast aside for new characters. . Like Sora and the organization. This may vary to a few people. I never liked Sora's character, he was a pain. He was like a reject from a proposed FF game that somehow made its way through the cracks. It would have been better if somebody like Donald or Mickey was the main character for the series over Sora. I remember reading an interview that Disney wanted Donald as the main character for KH, but Square wanted Mickey as the main character. It wasn't until the designer/creator rejected that and created Sora and his crew. If they went with Mickey, Epic Mickey probably wouldn't have happened.

Well I think Sora is a pretty good choice for a character actually.

He has that Square hero thing going on for him, but he does have that Disney naivety.

However, I do agree that it is annoying that the Disney and Square characters take a back seat.

Would have been great if in the second game, the Square stuff would have become much more important to the plot.

Maybe something like, Sora finds out from Yen Sid that even though the heartless had been stopped in the Disney worlds, they haven't been sealed in the Square worlds, and due to events prior to the first game, those worlds had already succumbed to the Heartless, (since the Hero was killed), and their universe (whats left of it) has been drifting into the Disney universe.
    So Sora and co. have to travel to the very outskirts of the universe to stop a stronger version of the Heartless from completely infecting the Disney world.

That would leave plenty of opportunity to explore new Disney worlds, change any existing ones (and have a reason to go back to them), and give many Square properties a chance to shine.

(Imagine Bahamut Lagoon, Chrono Trigger (in fact Chrono could be that hero who died and then one would have to try to resurrect him and travel back into the past to stop the Heartless in the first place), Mana series, Saga series, maybe even Dragon Quest and Star Ocean (since they were merged with enix in 2003) and of course a few Final Fantasy worlds, (I'd choose any out of 6-10))

It may not make 100% sense, but it would be a damn good game.
    Besides, its not like the rest of the series makes much sense... XD

• @RetroVortex said: Well I think Sora is a pretty good choice for a character actually.

He has that Square hero thing going on for him, but he does have that Disney naivety.

However, I do agree that it is annoying that the Disney and Square characters take a back seat.

Would have been great if in the second game, the Square stuff would have become much more important to the plot.

Maybe something like, Sora finds out from Yen Sid that even though the heartless had been stopped in the Disney worlds, they haven't been sealed in the Square worlds, and due to events prior to the first game, those worlds had already succumbed to the darkness, (since the Hero was killed), and their universe (whats left of it) has been drifting into the Disney universe.
    So Sora and co. have to travel to the very outskirts of the universe to stop a stronger version of the Darkness from completely infecting the Disney world.

That would leave plenty of opportunity to explore new Disney worlds, change any existing ones (and have a reason to go back to them), and give many Square properties a chance to shine.

(Imagine Bahamut Lagoon, Chrono Trigger (in fact Chrono could be that hero who died and then one would have to try to resurrect him and travel back into the past to stop the Heartless in the first place), Mana series, Saga series, maybe even Dragon Quest and Star Ocean (since they were merged with enix in 2003) and of course a few Final Fantasy worlds, (I'd choose any out of 6-10))

It may not make 100% sense, but it would be a damn good game.
    Besides, its not like the rest of the series makes much sense... XD

NOthing in Kingdom Hearts makes any sense so that wouldn't be a big differentiations XD Also, I do agree it would be nice to explore Square worlds, but I don't think you can afford to put Sora in the backseat. I think there are a sufficient number of fans/former fans who are tired of certain Square cliches. Sora manages to be upbeat which is rare in a lot of Square games these days. I've been dealing with brooding since Shadow showed up at the tavern.

• I really dont see a problem with Sora being the main character and please don't laugh but the Kingdom Hearts series is the only Square series i played and like and is the only Square series i ever played

• Even though I may be a fan of the series. I'm kinda surprised there aren't any cameos from the Chrono series in this game(like Chrono being seen on a poster for the background).

• @Darkblader said: Even though I may be a fan of the series. I'm kinda surprised there aren't any cameos from the Chrono series in this game(like Chrono being seen on a poster for the background).

He could make a appearance in KH 3 i mean think about it even now in KH 3D the main guy from World Ends With you is going appear.

• To me, Square is doing a great job with a tricky balancing act. If too much emphasis was put on the Disney worlds, the main plot of the series would be very disjointed. To me, the Disney worlds are a nice inclusion and an essential part of the games, but the original characters' plot is what ties it all together. Which isn't to say that it's okay for the original plot to totally overshadow the Disney worlds. Days did that and it was a disaster. But in the other five games, I feel that Square did an excellent job of balancing the Disney worlds with the original plot.

Add Comment