User Avatar Image

Making Elaine the Main Character for MI6

posted by AppDude27 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Since the special ending after the credits of Tales of Monkey Island, I think it would be cool if Elaine became the main character in the next game. Morgan would make an interesting villain since she's in love with Guybrush and would probably stop at nothing to get him.
With Elaine as the new protagonist, players could see the game in her perspective as she gets a taste of what Guybrush does. Or Elaine and Guybrush could be switchable characters allowing for puzzles to be multi-layered and have more complex solutions. (Kind of like the beginning of Tales Chap 1 when Elaine uses the rope to let Guybrush across the mast to get to the other side of the ship.)

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Eww. Herman is not H.T. Marley.

Nope. He's a crazy old coot who surreptitiously wormed his way into becoming Governor of the Tri-Island area.

Yep.

I wouldn't want my kids being looked after by a guy who, among other things, walks around in public with no pants on.

• Or what if Guybrush was transformed into a parrot and now Elaine has to help him turn back to normal? It wouldn't be the whole game, it would just be for like one episode, and once Guybrush is back to normal, he would be given an item that lets him turn into the parrot to solve puzzles whenever he needs to.

• @AppDude27 said: Or what if Guybrush was transformed into a parrot and now Elaine has to help him turn back to normal? It wouldn't be the whole game, it would just be for like one episode, and once Guybrush is back to normal, he would be given an item that lets him turn into the parrot to solve puzzles whenever he needs to.

I like the outside-of-the-box thinking (it's what made S&M3 fun, after all), but I really don't think it would work with this IP. Due to there being a few pirate IPs out there now, I feel creating another one with this idea would lead into gallons of Grog XD plaigiarism (like more than we've had previously, which admittedly is hard to imagine).

• Monkey Island game with playable Elaine:
    Use 'ability to kick ass and take names' with 'every puzzle in the game'.

Eh, that'd still be harder than Back to the Future :cool:

• Like it was mentioned earlier, Elaine needs a better character development foundation. In the first two games (Secret and LeChuck's Revenge) Elaine had very minor roles, if anything at all. Curse changed it because of the spell that she was under, but still Guybrush never really interacted with her until the end. Escape had more to do with Elaine, but she was occupied with saving her career and the adventure subsided.
    Tales really made a huge change with Elaine's character, making her somewhat better than in previous games, but I think TellTale could do a lot better with her in future installments of the series.
    And now that LeChuck is gone and Morgan is haunting the seas, it could potentially change the world of Monkey Island completely. What if Morgan falls in love with Guybrush?
    It would be giving Guybrush an idea of what Elaine had to face with LeChuck for 5 games and counting.

• @AppDude27 said: What if Morgan falls in love with Guybrush?

what do you mean IF?... she already has.:D

• @Lexxbomb said: what do you mean IF?... she already has.:D

True! Morgan's crush on Guybrush could be a basis for the whole game. Guybrush can get an idea of what Elaine faced with LeChuck all these years.

• @AppDude27 said: True! Morgan's crush on Guybrush could be a basis for the whole game. Guybrush can get an idea of what Elaine faced with LeChuck all these years.

I personally got the feeling, that if and when there is a MI6, Morgan will be like LeChuck, but in the sense she will be after Guybrush the same way he's after Elaine. Tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if Morgan and LeChuck ended up working together to slit up Elaine and Guybrush.

Add Comment