User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 42.3K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ribs said: Or whether or not it is an inanimate object.

I think this covers all the bases, then.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: Regardless of gender, sexual orientation, or species.

Including, but not limited to, pets and houseplants.

Edit: Ninja'd. Darn. Also, one of our mutual friends is doing Tennant Doctor. We TOTALLY did not plan this. What's up with all the Doctor Who related costumes this year?

• tumblr_lstnphJPIl1qelxclo1_500.gif
    I do believe 'meh creys' are in order.

• @divisionten said: Including, but not limited to, pets and houseplants.

Edit: Ninja'd. Darn. Also, one of our mutual friends is doing Tennant Doctor. We TOTALLY did not plan this. What's up with all the Doctor Who related costumes this year?

That's the power of a Moffat-run series. The show is currently better and more engaging than it has ever been before, and obviously that brings a lot of love with it. =P

• @Rather Dashing said: That's the power of a Moffat-run series. The show is currently better and more engaging than it has ever been before, and obviously that brings a lot of love with it. =P

Also, BBC America have been promoting the hell out of the show (although they still treat the viewers like dirt by speeding the episodes to 113% speed to fit in the timeslot).

Everyone's favorite companion that is named Victoria Waterfield has joined Twitter.

• @Ribs said: Also, BBC America have been promoting the hell out of the show (although they still treat the viewers like dirt by speeding the episodes to 113% speed to fit in the timeslot).

I dunno, I can think of a few classic stories that could do with being a bit quicker. Also that last series of Torchwood.... :D

(Come on... come on... when does this month's Big Finish get ready for download? My subscription starts with the return of Mary Shelley!)

• "Dreams of the day he could afford a subscription"

• @FitzoliverJ said: I dunno, I can think of a few classic stories that could do with being a bit quicker. Also that last series of Torchwood.... :D

(Come on... come on... when does this month's Big Finish get ready for download? My subscription starts with the return of Mary Shelley!)

High five! It'll still be a bit, as they need to finish Vortex (but they said they're doing the final edit now and uploading it to the site today/tomorrow, so not much longer) so they can print that to ship out with the release. I've still got the last 3/4 of Company of Friends to listen to this week, plus 4/5 the CC Specials Box Set and a Lost Story, plus I really intend to relisten to a few as well. I also intend to pick up an ongoing CC Sub later this month to carry me until March or so.

Also; whilst I'm a fan of making cuts and new edits, I disagree on the Torchwood count. I do not recall if I posted it in here, but I watched the whole season a few weeks ago over the course of three days, and I absolutely loved it and don't see any of the problems people claimed it had. After watching the first part back in July, I thought it'd be wise to wait for it to end so I could watch it over a single burst, and it seems to have paid off.

• But then you hated the old series. Seeing as you hated that and loved this, then it shows how much it's changed.

Add Comment