User Avatar Image

Why is there nothing new on sam and max?

posted by pepsiboy3 on - last edited - Viewed by 772 users

Why? WHY?

I really miss Steve Purcell. Sheesh, get me addicted to an awesome Sam And Max stuff then stop making it! :eek:

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To be honest I wouldn't mind if Sam & Max moved away from TellTale. The ending where they walk of into the sunset and where they stepped into the time machine seemed to be a decent goodbye to the Telltale Sam & Max universe. I think after the last season the world has got too convoluted and should start afresh to regain that spontaneity.

  • Guys it's okay for there to be more than a year between seasons.

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Most of what I say is just guessing. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sorry. But I sort of get the feeling that Telltale wants to move away from sillier projects like Sam and Max. You'll notice they've been steadily inching towards more serious storytelling. Tales of Monkey Island, The Devil's Playhouse, Puzzle Agent, Back to the Future...you should be able to see the pattern. And Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, and Law and Order all aren't exactly famous for comedy. If Telltale wants to be taken more seriously, that's understandable. Creative people (and game designers are creative people, unless they work for Activision :p) shouldn't be forced to do the same thing again and again just because it's what people want. But that does hurt the chances of a Season 4.



    While it is certainly true Telltale are making games with more serious stories I don't think it is because they want to move away from the silliness necessarily but probably because there isn't really anything sillier or as silly than Sam & Max in the first place. It's not a disturbing trend because there is really only one direction they can go. ANY other game they make will take itself more seriously and be less silly.

  • We'd like to be known as more than "the guys who do sequels to old LucasArts games," and more importantly than that, the teams want opportunities to stretch their legs a bit! Seeing the same people who do the gags in Sam & Max do adventurous action stuff in Jurassic Park now trying their hand at character drama and horror in Walking Dead is incredibly fun! I'm sure Telltale will put some more straight humor stuff on its plate again in the future, but branching out to a bunch of foreign places in the meantime is refreshing. It's also given us reasons to beef up our engine and production pipeline. I can't deny that whenever I see something super cool that we've done in Jurassic Park or Walking Dead, the back of my mind says "oh man, think of the Sam & Max stuff we could do someday!" Of course, as has been said in this thread, we have a pretty full plate right now, with all the stuff we've announced and have in production, but that doesn't stop folks from daydreaming about it.

  • @Jake said: We'd like to be known as more than "the guys who do sequels to old LucasArts games," and more importantly than that, the teams want opportunities to stretch their legs a bit! Seeing the same people who do the gags in Sam & Max do adventurous action stuff in Jurassic Park now trying their hand at character drama and horror in Walking Dead is incredibly fun! I'm sure Telltale will put some more straight humor stuff on its plate again in the future, but branching out to a bunch of foreign places in the meantime is refreshing. It's also given us reasons to beef up our engine and production pipeline. I can't deny that whenever I see something super cool that we've done in Jurassic Park or Walking Dead, the back of my mind says "oh man, think of the Sam & Max stuff we could do someday!" Of course, as has been said in this thread, we have a pretty full plate right now, with all the stuff we've announced and have in production, but that doesn't stop folks from daydreaming about it.



    So...right now Season 4's not even really being considered beyond the occasional nebulous "Wouldn't it be cool if..." thought, then?

    Kind of sucks to hear, but like I said, nobody should be forced to just do the same stuff forever. As long as Telltale's enjoying what they do and the games are still good, I'm happy.

  • Telltale take you time we can what for sam and max but when it time for season 4 it better be the best thing that you guy have ever made

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: So...right now Season 4's not even really being considered beyond the occasional nebulous "Wouldn't it be cool if..." thought, then?

    Kind of sucks to hear, but like I said, nobody should be forced to just do the same stuff forever. As long as Telltale's enjoying what they do and the games are still good, I'm happy.



    Nothing's "officially planned" until it's "officially announced." As usual, why jump to conclusions? I can't talk about things which don't officially exist.

    RIP Jump To Conclusions Mat smiley.

  • @Jake said: Nothing's "officially planned" until it's "officially announced." As usual, why jump to conclusions? I can't talk about things which don't officially exist.



    [CONCLUSION JUMP] This must mean they're planning season 4, but can't say anything because it's not officially announced [/CONCLUSION JUMP]

    Yay!

  • Whenever you guys get a season four out, you have a sure buyer here, and an enthusiast pimp.

Add Comment