User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 36K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Time for me to get Fed Faction: Armageddon DLC and The Baconing. :)

Yes I am sad and do like those games, and on the PC as well. :p

• FYI, the UK is going to get seriously screwed in the following offers. Some pathetically poor price conversion, with half not even converted at all. So yeah, these prices are right, though only in a technical sense, not a 'justified' manner, if that makes sense.

Today's Daily Deal is Heroes of Might and Magic V. £4.99 / $4.99

Today's THQ Temptation is Homefront. £14.99 / $14.99. There's also some DLC and stuff:

The Rock Map Pack - £1.49 / $2.50
    Fire Sale Map Pack - £1 / $1.49
    Express 870 Shotgun - 69p / 99c (not actually on offer)

The weekend deal, in honour of the franchise's 15th anniversary is the recent Tomb Raider trilogy. Alphabetically (and coincidentally, also chronologically from Lara's POV):

Anniversary - £3.39 / $3.39
    Legend - £2.71 / $5.09
    Underworld - £3.39 / $6.79

• By the way, there's no point in listing all the deals in 18 different currencies. Just the dollar price is more than ample, and people are capable of opening up their own Steam to check the price in their own currency.

• Yes, 18 currencies would be a bit much, but I'd imagine Euros, GBP and USD would cover most people reading this thread.

• @flesk said: Yes, 18 currencies would be a bit much, but I'd imagine Euros, GBP and USD would cover most people reading this thread.

the problem with Euros is that there are (three) different price tiers for that.

• I've only ever used the two big currencies - Dollars and Pounds. $ for others, and $ for me. They've been fine up 'til now, and I see no reason to change it.

Besides, I thought the Euro price was roughly the same figure as the dollar one?

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Daily Deal is Heroes of Might and Magic V. £4.99 / $4.99

btw, Heroes of Might & Magic V is on sale (for $5 @ 50% off), but the 2 individual expansions for it ($10 ea) are not and the package deal which bundles the game and the expansions together ($30) is also not.

Interestingly, this means that if you buy the game and expansions separately, you spend $5 less than had you bought them bundled.

The game is quite good--the Heroes series being a turn-based-strategy game that my parents have and are rather fond of--but this sale confuses me.

• Hmm, that's a better deal on Underworld than what I paid during the Summer Camp sale, but I got the better deal on Legend and Anniversary, so all together, I think I spent a dollar less on the trilogy.

• Really? I haven't looked at my purchase prices. I bought TR:Underworld today, and Anniversary during Summer Camp.

• I'm tempted to go for that Tomb Raider package actually.

Add Comment