User Avatar Image

TELLTALE try to buy the unfinished Sam&Max from Lucasarts again!!!

posted by tester8 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Hi!

Having just read the history of the Lucasarts S&M sequel (again) and the fact that it was 2/3 or EVEN 3/4 finished, why dont you (telltale) try to negotiate buying the source again?

1) come on, this was almost finished! What a waste, sitting all those years on some lonely server at LEC. Plus, it's possibly cheaper than making a new game?

2) You guys made tons of money since then. (I heard back to the future sells really well)

3) if you support the cause, please reply!!!!!!!

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolguy721 said: lucas arts has much more money the ttg. If you look at the video for freelance police you will see the mouths are fully animated instead of how telltale does it

You'll also see the graphics are hideous and ultra low poly models with awful texture resolutions, even compared to season 1.

• @SHODANFreeman said: You'll also see the graphics are hideous and ultra low poly models with awful texture resolutions, even compared to season 1.

they are much less stiff as well

• well, judging from the screens and videos, the higher production value (see backgrounds) would possibly also be reflected in the game's story and dialogue. At any rate it looks better than season 1 and 2.

And low polygon models are easily remedied. (didnt see anything wrong with animation)

• not so sure why lucsa arts didn't allow telltale to finish it. Telltale offered to but the game from them but they said no. They could have easily made money off something they had just laying around being put to no use

• @coolguy721 said: not so sure why lucsa arts didn't allow telltale to finish it. Telltale offered to but the game from them but they said no. They could have easily made money off something they had just laying around being put to no use

Well, when it comes to giving people what they don't want & not giving them what they do want, & just generally pissing off fans, I think George Lucas.

• @LikaLaruku said: Well, when it comes to giving people what they don't want & not giving them what they do want, & just generally pissing off fans, I think George Lucas.

I seriously doubt that George Lucas had anything to do with Freelance Police not coming out.

I seriously doubt that George Lucas is heavily involved in any of the decisions LucasArts makes in general.

• Maybe they could just buy the naming rights and make their own game called Sam & Max: Freelance Police and have it essentially be season 4. That way they can give a sense of closure to the fans and not break the continuity of their own Sam & Max universe.

Though I admit that's not a perfect solution, as there will always be people asking for the true sequel to Hit the Road.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Return freelance poliece

• This thread hurts me.

• @Scnew said: This thread hurts me.

It doesn't hurt ME.

This discussion has been closed.