User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.1K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: Really? I haven't looked at my purchase prices. I bought TR:Underworld today, and Anniversary during Summer Camp.

Then it sounds like you came out on top all the way around.

• That's what he/she said. (Sorry couldn't resist. :p)

I managed to get The Baconing + DLC.
    Not in a rush to get the DLC for Red Faction: Armageddon, as I haven't played a singe one of the games yet. Well the same goes for Deathspank, but the 50% of was too tempting to resist.

• GOG has an excellent Atari sale going on, with a flat 50% discount on games like The Witcher, Alone in the Dark, Outcast, and Blood going for half their asking price. Most on sale are $2.99, with the exceptions being Master of Orion 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, and The Witcher, which are $4.99 each.

bNWlP.png

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is the Max Payne bundle, which you really should own by this point - it's been on offer enough times. Anyway, it's £1.49 / $2.49 each, or £2.49 / $3.74 for the two.

The weekend THQ Temptation is the entire Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series. Lot to get through here, so bear with me!

First of all, Dawn of War II: Retribution is free to play all weekend. Which is nice. As for the sellables...

Dawn of War: Gold - £4.99 / $10
    Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - £4.99 / $10
    Dawn of War: Soulstorm - £4.99 / $10
    Dawn of War II - £10 / $10
    Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising - £10 / $10
    Dawn of War II: Retribution - £14.99 / $14.99
    Dawn of War II: Trilogy - £25 / $30

...and some DLC for Retribution...

Retribution Complete Race Pack - £1.75 / $2.50 (note that this is labelled as the 'All Wargear DLC' pack, despite actually being the 6 different race packs)
    Retribution Wargear Bundle - £4 / $5.99

...and I am not finding out the Euro prices for all those! :p

• @Rather Dashing said: GOG has an excellent Atari sale going on, with a flat 50% discount on games like The Witcher, Alone in the Dark, Outcast, and Blood going for half their asking price. Most on sale are $2.99, with the exceptions being Master of Orion 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, and The Witcher, which are $4.99 each.

bNWlP.png

Oh dear. I now have 200 GOG titles now.... XD

• In other vaguely related news, Costume Quest has spontaneously materialized on Steam, with achievements, cloud save and Grubbins on Ice included. Hopefully this means Stacking isn't very far off.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Ah yes. Only problem is, it's £11.99 / $14.99, which is a bit of a nuisance if you have Playstation Plus, where it's currently free. Still, nice to have it on the PC.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is The Last Remnant, an RPG by Sqeenix (also known as Square-Enix by people who have no sense of humour). £5 / $10, which is a wee bit skewed conversion-wise, but it's not a very good game, so I doubt anyone really cares.

• Regarding the GOG sale, please throw all the money you can throw at the Star Control games, as the original creators have said they'd love to make another one and thus I want Atari to want to let them.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is Kaptain Brawe, a wonderful little adventure game that I highly recommend, especially given that it's only £3.75 / $5.

Add Comment