User Avatar Image

TELLTALE try to buy the unfinished Sam&Max from Lucasarts again!!!

posted by tester8 on - last edited - Viewed by 494 users

Hi!

Having just read the history of the Lucasarts S&M sequel (again) and the fact that it was 2/3 or EVEN 3/4 finished, why dont you (telltale) try to negotiate buying the source again?

1) come on, this was almost finished! What a waste, sitting all those years on some lonely server at LEC. Plus, it's possibly cheaper than making a new game?

2) You guys made tons of money since then. (I heard back to the future sells really well)

3) if you support the cause, please reply!!!!!!!

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It will not happen.
    It is a real shame that LucasArts didn't release a polished promising game, but that's that.

• @Shyguy said: It will not happen.
    It is a real shame that LucasArts didn't release a polished promising game, but that's that.

*sigh* What is with all of this naysaying?

• Not so much naysaying as it is realism. It's an unfinished, canceled game from years ago that has already had three other sequels since then. Show me another example in the history of gaming of something like that actually coming out?

• @Scnew said: Not so much naysaying as it is realism. It's an unfinished, canceled game from years ago that has already had three other sequels since then. Show me another example in the history of gaming of something like that actually coming out?

DukeNukemForever.jpg

You were saying?

• Yeah, but that game ended up being horrible.

• @Shyguy said: Yeah, but that game ended up being horrible.

And what makes you sure that Freelance Police will end up that way too?

• @lattsam said: And what makes you sure that Freelance Police will end up that way too?

I don't, but no one wants to see Sam and Max stray down that road.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

@Shyguy said: Yeah, but that game ended up being horrible.

the reasons people hated the game were because it took 15 years to make and it has duke treatment to woman

I HATE WHEN THEY TREAT GOOD GAMES BECAUSE EITHER THEY ARE DIFFERENT OR LONG WAITED

• @lattsam said: DukeNukemForever.jpg

You were saying?

One, DNF was never cancelled. Two, it was awful. Three, it did not have a successful slew of sequels in the meantime. It was over ten years since there was a Duke game that wasn't a shitty handheld/console platformer (ie: nothing like Duke Nukem 3D/Forever).

@lattsam said: the reasons people hated the game were because it took 15 years to make and it has duke treatment to woman

I HATE WHEN THEY TREAT GOOD GAMES BECAUSE EITHER THEY ARE DIFFERENT OR LONG WAITED

Or, it's just a bad game. I really hope you don't think there are people who think things like "This game is great but it took a long time to come out so I hate it!"

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

@Scnew said: One, DNF was never cancelled.
    Or, it's just a bad game. I really hope you don't think there are people who think things like "This game is great but it took a long time to come out so I hate it!"

1.The Duke Nukem Forever team was fired, Making the game technically cancelled
    2.If you don't believe me read playstation magazines review, here is a clip from the section

@Scnew said: Its like a waste of 15 years

This discussion has been closed.