User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 19.6K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

516 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @bobber56 said: Remember the scene in the first movie when he's riding his skateboard through Hill Valley Town Square, towards his high school, and Power of Love is playing in the background? If they did a sequence like that, only when he's going to Doc's house, that would have worked.

Again, you're forgetting something. TellTale is a relatively small company. They cannot afford to purchase every license necessary in order to fulfill every single thing on screen. That's why Marty's shoes aren't Nikes. That's why we have JP Pinney instead of JC Penney. That's why we have ALT instead of TAB. Those kind of rights would cost more than the models and textures, so just change the name. It's the same thing with music. For a recent example, in the last season finale of Futurama, when they did the anime-themed vignette, they used the opening music for Voltron. That cost the studio money. The same thing for games. Using the orchestrated music from the movie costs money, as does using either one of the Huey Lewis and the News songs. Since TellTale is a small company, they likely don't have the money to lay down for both Power of Love AND Back in Time. So, obviously, they chose Back in Time. I support that decision. It makes more sense for the franchise./endrant

And we now need to get back on topic rather than continually discussing the song choices in the first season. This thread is about a possible season 2 and any ideas or speculation you might have for it.

For example, I think that we should spend an entire episode in the "NORMAL" present time with Marty getting re-acclimated. Obviously things have changed, and he has to deal with that.

• i know this is incredibly unlikely but if they make a season 2 they should get alan silvestri to do the music because the music in season 1 was really repetitive and a few times didnt match what was going on while alan silvestri on the other hand knows what kind of music he should make... what i mean is the overture in bttf 1 is the type of music that gives you goosebumps whilse the game music doesn't...

• @Shadowknight1 said:
    For example, I think that we should spend an entire episode in the "NORMAL" present time with Marty getting re-acclimated. Obviously things have changed, and he has to deal with that.

No offense but if you're being serious, this is a terrible idea. There's a reason why in any story (whether you're talking book, movie, video game story, show, play), once the central conflicts are resolved it means the end is near. Seeing the characters live their normal lives 'happily ever after' is extremely boring. You're basically suggesting the 3-4 minutes after Marty wakes up in his bed prior to Doc showing up near the end of part I be stretched out into an entire episode. Especially with it being a time travel story I can guarantee that any future episodes will take place either in the past, future, or an alternate timeline.

@Shadowknight1 said: i know this is incredibly unlikely but if they make a season 2 they should get alan silvestri to do the music because the music in season 1 was really repetitive and a few times didnt match what was going on while alan silvestri on the other hand knows what kind of music he should make... what i mean is the overture in bttf 1 is the type of music that gives you goosebumps whilse the game music doesn't...

Again budget. He doesn't come cheap.

You know the ending of episode 5 opens the door for a lot of interesting possibilities but sad to say it would have been more befitting for a more complex video game than point and click; It's very obvious that given the ending, Marty has quite a bit of time travels in his future, enough so to manipulate the space time continuim and have at least 2 other versions of himself essentially as antagonists (ie your timeline was overwritten five jumps back). A more open ended game could explore these alternate futures and how different events could lead to different futures. For better or worse though telltale is linear (in the sense that while some will finish the game quicker than others, the path for every player will be pretty much the exact same). Now that being said they have the chance to do things which weren't done in the first season; our marty makes 9 time jumps during the game (1 in episode 1, 4 in episode 2, 0 in episode 3, 1 in episode 4, 3 in episode 5) but the common complaint is that each and every one was going to or from (or in 1 case within) 1931. Being the future they could make time traveling part of the puzzles especially if it is done similar to episodes 4 and 5 where different events need to happen but can happen in any sequence.

• [QUOTE=Michael J Fox is Canadian;549460]
    [QUOTE]

I Understand that but its not like it would be pointless to use the budget on for 2 reasons 1. it would make many fans happy 2. they would get all the money back plus a lot more

• @yoman45135 said: [QUOTE=Michael J Fox is Canadian;549460]
    [QUOTE]

I Understand that but its not like it would be pointless to use the budget on for 2 reasons 1. it would make many fans happy 2. they would get all the money back plus a lot more

How so? Are you aware of how much it costs to have a composer write the music and then have it done? And even if they went the cheapest route, ie. synthesizing like they did for a lot of the music in season 1, people still wouldn't be happy with it because it wouldn't sound like the music from the movie. If you wanted it to sound like the movie, then they would need an orchestra, and that is NOT cheap and with TellTale's games being around $20 on average, they would NOT make that money back.

• @Shadowknight1 said: [QUOTE=yoman45135;549491][QUOTE=Michael J Fox is Canadian;549460]

How so? Are you aware of how much it costs to have a composer write the music and then have it done? And even if they went the cheapest route, ie. synthesizing like they did for a lot of the music in season 1, people still wouldn't be happy with it because it wouldn't sound like the music from the movie. If you wanted it to sound like the movie, then they would need an orchestra, and that is NOT cheap and with TellTale's games being around $20 on average, they would NOT make that money back.

Sure they would theres over 5,000 people who bought the game and when it gets the retail release there will be a few thousands more.
    So if im any good at maths thats a nice chunk of many for them to keep as well.

• @yoman45135 said:
    Sure they would theres over 5,000 people who bought the game and when it gets the retail release there will be a few thousands more.

But do you really think there would be a significant difference between the amount of fans that would purchase the game without a specific composer's score vs. fans that would buy the game WITH the composer?

The music is, of course, important to any game but why spend that much more money when people are going to be buying the game for the game itself anyway? When I buy a Back to the Future game, that's exactly what I'm paying for. I'm not paying for a specific music score; I'm paying for the game.

Honestly, as long as the music didn't stray too far from the original (obviously a heavy metal soundtrack wouldn't work for the game), changing the format of the music would be an unnecessary expense.

• @yoman45135 said:

Okay, let me put this in perspective for you. Zelda Reorchestrated, a fan group dedicated to taking classic music from the Legend of Zelda series and remixing it to sound orchestrated has been working on a project called Twilight Symphony. In order to secure a choir, JUST A CHOIR MIND YOU, they had to open up a fund raiser and raise over $20,000 to pay the choir. Just picture how much it would cost for a full symphony orchestra. No, I do not think that money would be made back.

• ok then i was wrong then sorry about that but still alan silvestri rules and the guy who does the music at the moment isnt very good (to repetitive and not epic) they could at least get a guy who knows how to make good music.

• Also to back up my point listen to this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9n7SuVBg0

and now listen to this song after you finish the other one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKnT-TE_5Y

If you prefer the second one you have bad taste in music (some justin bieber fan or something)
    Now dont get me wrong the second one is ok but compared to the first one its nothing.

Add Comment