User Avatar Image

iOS 5 report

posted by Pepper on - last edited - Viewed by 725 users

Just a report to let you know BTTF episode 1 crashes after the splash screen, on iPad 2 with iOS 5.0 beta 1. You probably already know this, but just in case.

Yes, i know it's beta, just came out last week, and you guys are under no obligation to support it yet, but it sure would be nice.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know it was on Thursday but the gold beta was released prior to the final golden drop, off all the apps I have this is the only app which does not work.

I spent a lot to buy the series, please address ASAP.:(

• @K_man2001 said: I know it was on Thursday but the gold beta was released prior to the final golden drop, off all the apps I have this is the only app which does not work.

I spent a lot to buy the series, please address ASAP.:(

Did you not see the post above you? That's not just a random user posting, he works for Telltale.

• @jweir said: Did you not see the post above you? That's not just a random user posting, he works for Telltale.

I paid for the product that gives me the right to bitch. I would gladly take a refund.

It has been a few days I still have no answer nor working copies, plus why do you feel a need to butt in? :mad:

• No reply desired from you at any rate.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

No need to be rude, jweir was just trying to be helpful and he's right (I don't care if you don't desire a reply from me either, you'll get it anyway :D).
    Alan Johnson (who works for Telltale) stated above that they submitted the Back to the Future updates to Apple (thereby addressing your issue faster than "ASAP").
    Now, it's up to Apple to make it available to their customers.

• @Macfly77 said: No need to be rude, jweir was just trying to be helpful and he's right (I don't care if you don't desire a reply from me either, you'll get it anyway :D).
    Alan Johnson (who works for Telltale) stated above that they submitted the Back to the Future updates to Apple (thereby addressing your issue faster than "ASAP").
    Now, it's up to Apple to make it available to their customers.

Sadly, rudeness seems to be the norm these days. Wonder if their parents realize how crass they are being in the basement?

• I believe kman has a valid point. The iOS 5 developer version has been available for a while. This is a massive release and understandably many people will be upgrading for the improved features. Telltale games has had some time to test and fix their applications - and yet the applications are broken. Not just day of release of iOS5, but almost one week later. I see little in the way of official updates or information - I purchased puzzle agent yesterday - I didn't see the "doesnt work on iOS5" text, not sure if it was there and I missed it or it didn't go up until later. Either way its frustrating.

I'll obviously wait for the update and I dont want a refund - but given how many other applications have worked fine with iOS5 - its a shame that Telltale's games havent held up as well - especially given that mobile is an important platform for them.

I'm just thankful I havent spend 100+ dollars on telltale's ipad games (because I dont have an ipad) - otherwise I would be immeasurably more upset.

:(

• Just wanted to let you guys know, the iOS 5 update for all five episodes of Back to the Future on iPad is now live! Go update your games now! Apologies for the inconvenience.

• When will there be a fix for Puzzle Agent?!

• Same here, unfortunately. I tried running Puzzle Agent HD Lite (to see if I like the game before purchasing the full version, obviously) and it fails almost instantly. I briefly see the title screen, then white screen and then I'm back at the device's home screen. iPad 2 with iOS 5.

Add Comment