User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 42.1K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: GOG has an excellent Atari sale going on, with a flat 50% discount on games like The Witcher, Alone in the Dark, Outcast, and Blood going for half their asking price. Most on sale are $2.99, with the exceptions being Master of Orion 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, and The Witcher, which are $4.99 each.

uaV1z.png

Thanks for that. I bought it.

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Daily Deal is Kaptain Brawe, a wonderful little adventure game that I highly recommend, especially given that it's only £3.75 / $5.

Thanks. After having played the demo I thought it was a decent enough game, but not worth getting at full-price for Windows. For €5 it seemed like a good buy.

I looked for it on desura.com quite recently, but it seems they haven't gotten around to making the half-promised Linux version yet. Which is a shame really, since I'm usually willing to pay a lot more for games with native Linux support.

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Daily Deal is The Last Remnant, an RPG by Sqeenix (also known as Square-Enix by people who have no sense of humour). £5 / $10, which is a wee bit skewed conversion-wise, but it's not a very good game, so I doubt anyone really cares.

I actually rather liked it, and thought it was a steal for £5.

• Fair enough. To each their own.

Today's Daily Deal is EVE Online: Incarna. £3.75 / $5. Bear in mind this price does not include future monthly payments you'll need to make, seeing as it's a Mumorpeger and hasn't gone free-to-play because it's actually making a profit, unlike most other ones.

• @Darth Marsden said:
    Today's Daily Deal is EVE Online: Incarna. £3.75 / $5. Bear in mind this price does not include future monthly payments you'll need to make, seeing as it's a Mumorpeger and hasn't gone free-to-play because it's actually making a profit, unlike most other ones.

But apparently you can buy game-time with the in-game currency you get from playing the game.
    The game looks interesting actually, dunno, might be worth a look.

• @caeska said: But apparently you can buy game-time with the in-game currency you get from playing the game.
    The game looks interesting actually, dunno, might be worth a look.

Ah, but do you get any game-time in the first place?

• @Darth Marsden said: Ah, but do you get any game-time in the first place?

Yeah you get 30 days when you buy the game :)

• Its something that I remember buying EVE on one of the previous steam sales, and I still haven't activated my 30 days free. The trial sort of put me off it I think.

• This week's Midweek Madness is Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which is 25% off at £22.49 / $37.49. The Augmented edition is also reduced at £33.74 / $44.99, but the DLC is not on offer.

• GOG.com has the first three Broken Sword games for half price until Friday. They just released Broken Sword 4 as well, but it's not on sale.

Add Comment