User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gibbeynator said: Pie and Yeti, that is all.

I don't get this. I just don't get it. A pie in the face of a monster is actually a pretty logical line of thinking in a cartoon game. Sure it's not a slapstick comedy game or Loony Toons or something, but it's not THAT far fetched either.

• Yeah, if you can't figure out that you can throw a pie in something's face, press the 'esc' key and a Rhesus Monkey will come out and hit you on the head with a tack-hammer because you are an idiot.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: Yeah, if you can't figure out that you can throw a pie in something's face, press the 'esc' key and a Rhesus Monkey will come out and hit you on the head with a tack-hammer because you are an idiot.

Bt

Let's not resort to insults, okay?

I haven't finished KQ5 yet, so I dunno about the build-up to that puzzle, but it does sound kind of weird. If I were in that situation, I would draw my sword or run or something. Throwing a pie could anger it.

• If you took Blackthorne's comment as an insult you gots no sense a humor! ...and a thin skin!

Btw, there is no sword...

• @Alex IDV said: Let's not resort to insults, okay?

I haven't finished KQ5 yet, so I dunno about the build-up to that puzzle, but it does sound kind of weird. If I were in that situation, I would draw my sword or run or something. Throwing a pie could anger it.

But it makes perfect sense! In the guide "How to survive a Yeti attack", it's even recommended to have a custard pie handy. Throwing a pie at the attacking Yeti is one of the 99 acceptable ways of killing a Yeti, it's the one listed right after showing it a Chuck Norris action figure.

• @Blackthorne519 said: Yeah, if you can't figure out that you can throw a pie in something's face, press the 'esc' key and a Rhesus Monkey will come out and hit you on the head with a tack-hammer because you are an idiot.

Bt

Especially since it is also one of the only throwable objects in your inventory at that point. :)

Yeti-pie-in-the-face is a classic KQ puzzle solution. Totally in keeping with the rest of the series, too, where you use a cookie to defeat a wizard, mint candies to defeat a genie, etc. In fact, name me a King's Quest game that DOESN'T use dessert to defeat a main baddie!

• @Lambonius said:
    Yeti-pie-in-the-face is a classic KQ puzzle solution. Totally in keeping with the rest of the series, too, where you use a cookie to defeat a wizard, mint candies to defeat a genie, etc. In fact, name me a King's Quest game that DOESN'T use dessert to defeat a main baddie!

To be fair, those other two desserts-for-the-win situations had build up to them, such that the solutions were clear. You don't run into anything pre-Yeti that would hint at the pie being the solution.

That said, pie-the-Yeti is far from the worst offender in that game. That honor is a tie between 'cheese powers the wand machine' and 'honey and emeralds will catch you an elf'.

• People are way too over analytical these days. There is such a thing as thinking too much.

Bt

• Even the honecomb/emerald/elf thing has a sense of logic to it. It's just a bit far-fetched. The cheese in the machine, however, makes absolutely no sense.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Even the honecomb/emerald/elf thing has a sense of logic to it. The cheese in the machine, however, makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but the honey/emerald/elf thing works in the context of the game world and in the context of King's Quest. It makes sense and has logic. Yes, it's a little odd, but it makes sense once you realize what you need to do. It's been my experience that people who harp on and on about that puzzle are not the people who grew up playing King's Quest games as they were released.

I'll grant you the cheese one though. That one is totally a boner of a solution.

Add Comment