649 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LuigiHann said: Sure, why not. He was underused.

That's actually George's reasoning behind it.

Hey, they brought him back in the comics, so why not for real?

• @mikey485 said: The changes make things better. I used to always wonder what Darth Vader was thinking before he threw the emperor down. Now thanks to Lucas is finally know

Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean. I had always interpreted that scene as Darth Vader considering whether he should eat calamari chunks or bantha steaks for dinner that night. Now I know better.

Are you fucking serious?!

• @Davies said: Are you fucking serious?!

...pretty sure they weren't. Seemed like an obvious joke to me.

• @Rather Dashing said: ...pretty sure they weren't. Seemed like an obvious joke to me.

Sorry, I lost my sense of humour around the same time that C-3PO misplaced his hetrosexuality chip!

• @Davies said: Sorry, I lost my sense of humour around the same time that C-3PO misplaced his hetrosexuality chip!

That doesn't make sense. You wouldn't know when that occurred at all! Though Star Wars events can be measured relative to each other in terms of Galactic Standard Years, but comparing those and events recorded in earth time(that is, the loss of your sense of humor) is impossible, as the only relevant information that we have is a vague assertion that the events of the Star Wars films as late as "Return of the Jedi" occurred "A long time ago" relative to their years of release. We can't even take the years of Grimm's Fairytales written relative to the timespans they cover in order to get a baseline, as that's assume that "A long time ago" is equivalent to "Long, long ago", which itself is an unfounded assumption. Since there's no basis of comparison, you can't really make a claim about something that happened to you occurring in tandem with an in-universe Star Wars event.

• I think that instead of measuring that event in terms of chronological in-universe time, one should measure it in terms of the movie production timeline.

Having never seen the Clone Wars show, I'm assuming Davies is saying 3PO in the prequels sounds gay. In the real world production timeline, I figure 3PO would then have "lost his heterosexuality chip" (as Davies puts it) sometime before or during Attack of the Clones. If only referring to chronological order in-universe, one would have to say that, thanks to George, he (retconningly) didn't get one until some time before A New Hope.

• C3PO has always sounded gay, as a result of being both British and timid at the same time.

Also

• @LuigiHann said: Also

This is a Star Wars thread. We can nerd out if we want.

Also just because 3PO is easily scared and voiced by a Brit, that doesn't make him gay. I would say prequel-3PO sounds gay because his voice is, at times, noticeably higher pitched than in the OT, and because (thanks to George Lucas) he often has pun-filled and/or pop-culture-referencing lines of dialogue (eg. "oh, this is such a drag.")

• That LEGO video both humors me and annoys me greatly.

Add Comment