User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 10.9K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

482 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Of course it's "nothing" in comparison! You're comparing a full orchestral score to something that used samples from the film score mixed with synthesized tracks.

    AND YET AGAIN WE'RE OFF TOPIC!

  • I'm with Shadownight. They can use a 'cheaper' mimick for a fraction of the price. There's far better places to dump their budget into. Zelda is irrelevant because Nintendo has a FAR bigger budget and customer base than telltale does. If they had extra money they likely would have ponied up to get Tom Wilson (no offense Kid Beyond).

  • @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: If they had extra money they likely would have ponied up to get Tom Wilson (no offense Kid Beyond).



    I agree I think they should get tom wilson for a season 2 no offense to kid beyond but he sounds nothing like biff I think telltale could of at least done some auditions to find a good biff like they did with marty mcfly.

  • The main thing I would like to see is puzzles that involve time travel between different eras. I would also like to see something involving the 2015 era in BttF 2.

  • @joek86 said: The main thing I would like to see is puzzles that involve time travel between different eras. I would also like to see something involving the 2015 era in BttF 2.



    Yeah I'd love it if they did an episode like that; let you go to each era in any order you like with the entire episode as a giant puzzle.

  • Well for the next installment I would like better graphics. Not that graphics matter but I didn't prefer the cartoon style.

  • @Tornreaper said: Well for the next installment I would like better graphics. Not that graphics matter but I didn't prefer the cartoon style.



    I agree but in a certain way graphics do matter, damn now I said that telltale fans will slaughter me because they hate people who complain about graphics :|

  • I dislike people that complain about graphics, but not because I'm a "TellTale fan" but because I believe that the idea of "let's get these graphics as close to real life as possible" is boring. If the graphics look like real life, then where's the fantasy? Where's the fun? And most importantly, where's the CREATIVITY?! If every game gets ultra-realistic graphics, then every game will look alike.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: I dislike people that complain about graphics, but not because I'm a "TellTale fan" but because I believe that the idea of "let's get these graphics as close to real life as possible" is boring. If the graphics look like real life, then where's the fantasy? Where's the fun? And most importantly, where's the CREATIVITY?! If every game gets ultra-realistic graphics, then every game will look alike.



    people dont want crysis graphics just something better and I would maybe agree with you normally but when it comes down to: 'cartoon graphics for back to the future is the best kind'.... definitely No!!

  • the could base season 2 on the orginal 'Number Two' script.

Add Comment