User Avatar Image

TELLTALE try to buy the unfinished Sam&Max from Lucasarts again!!!

posted by tester8 on - last edited - Viewed by 512 users

Hi!

Having just read the history of the Lucasarts S&M sequel (again) and the fact that it was 2/3 or EVEN 3/4 finished, why dont you (telltale) try to negotiate buying the source again?

1) come on, this was almost finished! What a waste, sitting all those years on some lonely server at LEC. Plus, it's possibly cheaper than making a new game?

2) You guys made tons of money since then. (I heard back to the future sells really well)

3) if you support the cause, please reply!!!!!!!

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @seibert999 said: If you don't believe me read playstation magazines review, here is a clip from the section

Because the game was crap its a waste. No one said TMI was a waste of 9 years because it was great.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

@coolsome said: Because the game was crap its a waste. No one said TMI was a waste of 9 years because it was great.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5300889

• hay im just saying this but if you what freelance poliece gust buy lucasarts it seems the easy option at this pint

• @coolsome said: Because the game was crap its a waste. No one said TMI was a waste of 9 years because it was great.

"THIS GAME IS AMAZING! I hate it." -- The Gaming Community in seibert999's Mind, 2011

• @Scnew said: "THIS GAME IS AMAZING! I hate it." -- The Gaming Community in seibert999's Mind, 2011

Fucking game with its awesomeness! How I hate it! *plays*.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i found another reason people hate DNF, it is for fans of blue humor and woman treated like objects

• Duke's funny in the new game. ... game still sucks.

• @seibert999 said: i found another reason people hate DNF, it is for fans of blue humor and woman treated like objects

Actually it's for the fans who grew up with Duke Nukem. The good ol days of gaming.

LucasArts will never sell it's original material..even if it doesn't hold the license anymore. The Story and all concepts are owned by lucasarts.

• @mikey485 said: Do you seriously think that freelance police will ever be completed? More importantly why are you so obsessed with it? Its a little disturbing

I have to be obsessed with it, because I just feel it deserves another chance after what it went through with LucasArts. Sam and Max were created by Steve Purcell, not LucasArts, so the rights to that game should be Steve Purcell's, not LucasArts'. Yet I still have no idea why LucasArts would want to hold on to the rights to that game if they are not going to do anything at all with it. To me, that is basically selfish, as well as childish.

• @seibert999 said: i found another reason people hate DNF, it is for fans of blue humor and woman treated like objects

Dude, it's a Duke Nukem game. Anyone who's ever played or knows anything at all about Duke Nukem 3D would expect DNF to be off-color and objectifying toward women. It is what it is. Whether someone likes it or not isn't the point. The point is, it's in keeping with the franchise. So, if people don't like it, they just ought not to buy it.

One might as well have complained about Leisure Suit Larry for the same reason, for all the good it would have done.

People have more reasons to dislike DNF than to have need to complain about things like that.

This discussion has been closed.