User Avatar Image

I have an important question!

posted by thatdude98 on - last edited - Viewed by 311 users

Where are all the GOOD games?

Honestly, this is the first time I've been on Telltale in months. After Sam and Max: Season 3 was over, I just didn't see the point.

And now I know I made the right decision. I mean, Hector? Puzzle Agent? Jurassic Park?

Why should I shell out money for these? They all seem... well... idiotic.

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I liked Hector. Sure it was short but it was funny the puzzles where good and the storyline keep me interested though out.

• I want to buy BTTF at some point so that I can have a legitimate opinion about the entire game rather than just the first episode and gleaning impressions of the rest of the season from other forumites.

The problem I run into is that I'm getting used to the fantastic sale prices on Steam (which the TTG store can't really compete with) and I would always buy at TTG's Store over Steam because of the additionally free disc.

• And I enjoyed Puzzle Agent. It's really quite good and creepy if you're playing at one in the morning in an empty house.

• @Alcoremortis said: And I enjoyed Puzzle Agent. It's really quite good and creepy if you're playing at one in the morning in an empty house.

This is exactly how I played it, and I was genuinely creeped.

Puzzle Agent is fantastic. Hector is just hilarious. But of the two I really think Puzzle Agent, especially Episode 1, is just tops.

• @Chyron8472 said: The problem I run into is that I'm getting used to the fantastic sale prices on Steam (which the TTG store can't really compete with) and I would always buy at TTG's Store over Steam because of the additionally free disc.

It will be sold for 5$ some time. Like ToMI and Season 3.

Also @OP: You are seriously missing out on Puzzle Agent.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'm a little fed up with the TTG bashing. At the time, I keep my eyes open for the future and try not to be too pessimistic.

Hector was and is... a game for mobile devices. It REALLY shows. I really appreciate that TTG took up the franchise, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Nonetheless, at a time when Telltale fans were craving in agony for their adventure fix, Hector was there to save the day, more or less, so you won't hear me dumping on this series.

It really seems like Jurassic Park will be for a very narrow target group that explicitly excludes me. That said, I also expect the game to be a bit too tailor-made for die-hard fans of the movies, and I assume there are a tad less JP than BTTF fans, so the lack of gameplay WILL have an effect on the reviews this time. I wish TTG the best of luck with all of their endeavors, but if they get the critics' harsh slap on the nose for Jurassic Park, I'd consider it helpful. The TTG engine has obviously undergone quite a development for that franchise, and the graphics enhancements will definitely improve future games.

As for "The Walking Dead", i still have hopes. Announcements speak of far more interactivity, and although the first comments on gameplay are rather vague, Jake manages to make the conceptual approach sound interesting. So that would be hope 1 for 2012.

Then there's King's Quest and Fables. I hate them a little because they will block a lot of capacity in 2012, rendering a second ToMI season and a timely S&M Season 4 ('06-'08-'10-'12) virtually impossible. But these franchises demand a more traditional adventure treatment, and I expect TTG to deliver. Having never played a King's Quest game and no Fables comic at all, these games are unlikely to disappoint me as I have no preconceived notion of what they should look like except that they should be "adventure games" in the loosest sense.

And lastly, it seems like we'll have that Law & Order game still in this year or early next year. I probably won't get in that boat, but again the tone of the series naturally needs the "investigation" part of TTG's games played out.

To put the whole thing in a nutshell: 2011 wasn't the best of TTG's years so far. But 2011 is over very soon also. TTG has not yet wasted all its powder, I'm sure of that.

• i played almost all those games but i did buy hector a few days ago but my internet has been going very very slow and i still have not played it but i seen gameplay footage and i think it would be awesome

but i have played these

puzzle agent,poker night,bttf the game,

and i would say get all three including hector

even through back to the future the game has some easy puzzles everyone needs to remember that back to the future is a more story based movie trilogy and the game really has a very very good movie and AJ sounds like Marty and lets not forget the Doc who's back in a new time traveling adventure and belive me im gonna qoute something he says

when you play this game you.. yes you! will see some serious shit!

puzzle agent. is awesome and has a good story and good puzzles

poker night. is really funny

hector. good puzzles and funny

• Hector's not really a Telltale game, though, for better or worse. Development was entirely handled by Straandlooper, while Telltale handled publishing.

• @thatdude98 said: I mean, Hector? Puzzle Agent? Jurassic Park?

Why should I shell out money for these? They all seem... well... idiotic.

Puzzle Agent was better than I was expecting, I thought Hector was fantastic and I don't think we should judge Jurassic Park until we've played it. But to each his own, I suppose.

• @Vainamoinen said: Having never played a King's Quest game [this game is] unlikely to disappoint me as I have no preconceived notion of what [it] should look like except that they should be "adventure games" in the loosest sense.

That's nice...

wait, WHAT? You're telling me... that you're a mod for the forums of the preeminent adventure game developer of the last decade... and you've never once played a game from the franchise that is almost wholly responsible for defining the graphical adventure game genre as we know it?

Seriously? Dang, bro. That's bad. You really need to get in on that and I mean soon. If you can't afford to buy the official game series from Steam or GOG (though I don't see why not) might I then recommend playing the AGDI remakes, as they are decent at worst, awesome at best, and absolutely free for immediately download?

Add Comment