User Avatar Image

Elder Scrolls Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by The Gentleman on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Elder Scrolls games, especially with Skyrim so close!

371 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Stop right there, criminal scum!

Wake up. Stand up. There you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?

• I intended to give Oblivion a half-hour try in accordance with my attempt to play every game I bought over the summer for at least that long.

I ended up playing over twenty hours.

My conclusion is that these games are extremely addictive.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Alcoremortis said: I intended to give Oblivion a half-hour try in accordance with my attempt to play every game I bought over the summer for at least that long.

I ended up playing over twenty hours.

My conclusion is that these games are extremely addictive.

You might wanna try Morrowind.

• I've only played Oblivion but I clocked 300+ hours on that game. I'm almost afraid to play Skyrim for the sake of my social life (and my never ending list of owned games that I've yet to play) but I'll be purchasing it on day one of it's release.

• I'm Still waiting for them to announce the specs so I can find out weather or not it will run on my 4 year old piece of junk.

• @gamer247 said: I'm Still waiting for them to announce the specs so I can find out weather or not it will run on my 4 year old piece of junk.

This is why I'm glad to own a PS3. Having said that, modding Oblivion was one of the greatest aspects to the PC version, so I guess it's a case of swings and roundabouts.

• @Profanity said: You might wanna try Morrowind.

I do own Morrowind, but I only played a little over an hour of it so far.

• The greatest parts of Oblivion...

* The quest where you enter a painting - I love this section, it's right up there with the mission in Fallout 3 where you enter a black and white VR reality, or when you go into VR mode in Sam & Max: Hit the Road. Pure poetry in motion.

* The haunted mansion quest - A really cool creepy moment in the game and it's made even better by the fact that the mansion becomes your property upon completion.

The worst parts of Oblivion...

* The hell gates - So irritating, so tedious, so repetitive, so boring.

* Horse armour - The standard by which all lame DLC shall always be judged.

• I don't know how this happened, but somehow in Oblivion, where I left off I ended up in this Alice in Wonderland land of Chaos and wonder, trying to defeat a Cyclops with it's own tears. Or maybe it was bones? I can't remember.

I was so confused.

• I'm getting Skyrim for the PS3!! I still played Oblivion and have a lot of hours clocked into it. Before that I had Morrowind for the XBOX and played the hell out of that one too. The cool thing about the Elder Scrolls is just how much better they get. Just when you think the game you were playing was awesome the next one is announced and it has all these new features that just make the already addicting gameplay and world much more addicting.

I like how you don't really have a class anymore. You level up what you use so you don't have to worry about that leveling up that extra skill you never really use. The new duel weapons is a nice touch too. Using two swords, or two spells at the same time is going to be awesome.

It's going to be awesome.

Add Comment