User Avatar Image

Elder Scrolls Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by The Gentleman on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Elder Scrolls games, especially with Skyrim so close!

371 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope the Dark Brotherhood quests are as fun as they were in Oblivion. By far my favourite questline in the game.

• @Alcoremortis said: I don't know how this happened, but somehow in Oblivion, where I left off I ended up in this Alice in Wonderland land of Chaos and wonder, trying to defeat a Cyclops with it's own tears. Or maybe it was bones? I can't remember.

I was so confused.

that was the expansion area. The portal to the shivering isles.

@Alcoremortis said: The worst parts of Oblivion...

* The hell gates - So irritating, so tedious, so repetitive, so boring.

Just don't do the main quest. If you never go to Kvatch these gates will not spawn.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Anyone remember the falling wizard from Morrowind? The one who drops a journal about his Scroll of Icarian Flight. That part had me turning 'round in panic until the body dropped.

Or the part of Thieves Guild quest where you had to steal one of the elder scrolls? That one was bloody awesome. Weird monks everywhere.

• @gamer247 said: I'm Still waiting for them to announce the specs so I can find out weather or not it will run on my 4 year old piece of junk.

I'm pretty sure Bethesda said that it wouldn't be that much more demanding than Oblivion.

• @der_ketzer said: that was the expansion area. The portal to the shivering isles.

All I know is that I died a lot. Stupid cyclops dude.

• You were confused because you didn't know anything about the series' supernatural lore and stumbled into a full-on game expansion(which itself had an MSRP of $30 on release on top of the $50-60 game) that deals exclusively in that aspect of the series without knowing what in the world you were doing. You probably went there because it creates a new journal entry pointing at the gates either when you install the expansion or(if you start the game while installed) when you escape the prison.

• I don't really know why, but I can't ever seem to really get into Oblivion.

It may be that it takes a while to get to the good bits.

I can play Fallout 3 and New Vegas for hours, and those games are built on the same engine.

I still pre-ordered Skyrim though, as when I eventually get a new PC, I can give the series another shot. And it does indeed look incredibly awesome! :D

(Its one of those games where you need to play it in long sessions.)

• @Rather Dashing said: You were confused because you didn't know anything about the series' supernatural lore and stumbled into a full-on game expansion(which itself had an MSRP of $30 on release on top of the $50-60 game) that deals exclusively in that aspect of the series without knowing what in the world you were doing. You probably went there because it creates a new journal entry pointing at the gates either when you install the expansion or(if you start the game while installed) when you escape the prison.

Yeah...that's probably it. I think I might just leave that crazy land of chaos for later when I get back to the game.

• I was sucked into Oblivion. I kind of stopped playing on the Shivering Isles, though. Just too difficult. Everything was always a few levels above me. I gathered that I had to collect that Amber ore or whatever and somehow get it crafted into armour and weaponry that would match me with the enemies, but I just couldn't keep it up. Never did get into Morrowind or even Fallout 3. Maybe I just don't feel like I have the time. I'm totally jumping into Skyrim, though.

• @The Gentleman said: I'm pretty sure Bethesda said that it wouldn't be that much more demanding than Oblivion.

That's a relief so maybe I'll be able to force another year out of my 9800gt and Athlon 64 x2 :D

Add Comment