User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.8K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Silverwolfpet said: Poll anyone?

http://silverwolfpet.com/2011/10/tribute-poll-how-long/

Danke!

Seeing as I assumed it to be a 2-minute tiny little thing, I voted 60 minute special because I am incredibly selfish. Don't forget to include as many corny 'Doctor Who?' jokes as possible!

The Doctor wishes he was James Bond.

Also; the good inspector was on set filming the Holiday Special today!

• Even though pretty much everyone guessed that his departure would be in time for the 50th anniversary special, this is still a shock. It just seems far too soon! It seems like only yesterday he was popping up from the tardis demanding apples. :(

• Yeah, it does feel really fast, doesn't it? It doesn't FEEL like he's been doing this anywhere near as long as he has. He had the best dress sense of all the Doctors, too. :(

• @Rather Dashing said: Yeah, it does feel really fast, doesn't it? It doesn't FEEL like he's been doing this anywhere near as long as he has. He had the best dress sense of all the Doctors, too. :(

I think the issue is that the overarching storyline has condensed the number of standalone episodes down, so he hasn't had that many unique storylines. He still feels fresh, as if he's only done one series.

• @Rather Dashing said: Yeah, it does feel really fast, doesn't it? It doesn't FEEL like he's been doing this anywhere near as long as he has. He had the best dress sense of all the Doctors, too. :(

To be fair, Matt Smith has sadly been campaigning to move away from the Bow Tie and Suspenders for some odd reason recently.

It might be like what David Tennant did, not coming back for Series 8 but rather for a series of specials. Add this to the fact Moffat said that 2013 will have more episodes in production then any other year since the show's return, we could have 6-7 specials with Matt Smith before the new guy shows up.

I suggest Alex Kingston.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Friar said: I think the issue is that the overarching storyline has condensed the number of standalone episodes down, so he hasn't had that many unique storylines. He still feels fresh, as if he's only done one series.

Oddly, to me it feels like he's done three series. 'cause he kinda has. 5, 6, 6½. But that's just me, I think.

• @Darth Marsden said: Oddly, to me it feels like he's done three series. 'cause he kinda has. 5, 6, 6½. But that's just me, I think.

To be fair, David Tennant did only three series too. We'd have just witnessed the Master's death and the Doctor refusing to give him his remaining regenerations to save him because he secretly hates him if we were at the same spot in the Tennant years.

Actually, Tennant had an extra christmas special at the front, but that doesn't really count, does it?

Also; Friar got post #1996. McGann fan to the end, I suppose.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Ribs said: Also; Friar got post #1996. McGann fan to the end, I suppose.

Yeah, but the 2,000th post is mine. Hah!

And honestly, I think it's a shame we only seem to be getting three years or so out of our new Doctors. One would think they'd want to stick around longer. Where are the Tom Bakers? Oh well.

And no, Tennant's extra X-mas special doesn't count. He was barely in it, for one.

Add Comment