User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.1K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Double checked my bank account- was only charged once. Definitely seller error. Or the Doctor. I really hope it was the latter.

• @divisionten said: Double checked my bank account- was only charged once. Definitely seller error. Or the Doctor. I really hope it was the latter.

See if it does wood. If so, it's definitely a keeper.

• 2entertain rejected Ian Levine's Shada animation. :(

• @divisionten said: First one is mine, guys, and frankly, I don't know what to do about the second. Contact the seller? Just keep it? Seriously, what do you guys suggest I do?

Give it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Once I ordered a wallet. After 2 months, I asked for my money back because it didn't arrive. Got my money back.
    Half-a-year later, I received the wallet. o.O

I contacted the seller and told him about it, offering to pay for it (again). He said ok. I said ok.

Then I forgot to pay and now I can't remember the seller's name. That was two years ago.

Did it help?

• @Ribs said: 2entertain rejected Ian Levine's Shada animation. :(

Anybody know why? (and when I say "know", I mean "know", not just assume that somebody else has taken against Mr L). It did look rather good, and it got quite gushing reviews, at least one from somebody not involved in the project.

• User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

@Ribs said: Matt Smith Says Next Season is his Last

People read too much into this, he never said he leaves. Matt just wants to hang out in LA after next series:
    "I’ve got another year of Doctor Who," he said, "but then I’m certainly going to come and give it a shot, come and hang out in LA."
    I bet theres lots of time for other projects between seasons. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Majus said: People read too much into this, he never said he leaves. Matt just wants to hang out in LA after next series.

I bet theres lots of time for other projects between seasons. :)

Actually, according to previous Doctors, there isn't much time. It's why they have Doctor-lite episodes, so they can actually film 14 episodes a series (that's including the Christmas special).

Not saying I don't want him to stay, but I can understand if he doesn't.

• @FitzoliverJ said: Anybody know why? (and when I say "know", I mean "know", not just assume that somebody else has taken against Mr L). It did look rather good, and it got quite gushing reviews, at least one from somebody not involved in the project.

Nope. Ian said he was willing to make any possible change that they asked and Dan Hall from 2e said he was willing to set personal differences aside and was hopeful of it's release. The possibility of Douglas Adam's estate not allowing sale of animation due to his widow's recent death and their daughter not of age to inherit it is the only real theory one could make with the information we have.

• @Darth Marsden said: Actually, according to previous Doctors, there isn't much time. It's why they have Doctor-lite episodes, so they can actually film 14 episodes a series (that's including the Christmas special).

Not saying I don't want him to stay, but I can understand if he doesn't.

I remember hearing they're filming for 9 months of the year.

Add Comment