User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 34.5K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Friar said: I remember hearing they're filming for 9 months of the year.

Yeah, there's roughly 4 months of break time. If only they could pull some Hartnells and leave for 3 episodes!

Matt Smith filmed Christopher and his Kind in the break last year, did the new movie he's in about the rower or whatever this break, and he seems to say he wants to be in some American production during the next break, which will be in November-February due to the revised schedule and therefore he'd be available during the perfect time for a recurring role on any American show. This conversation has reminded me; clip from David Tennant's rejected American pilot, Rex is not my Lawyer. Fear the American accent!

• To make a great week even better for Ian Levine, his extended edit that theoretically makes sense of Dimensions in Time was leaked to the internet by a close personal friend he's known for decades. And then someone stole his cat. I'd make a joke about that's what you get for messing with Eric Saward, but it'd be in bad taste.

• @Ribs said: To make a great week even better for Ian Levine, his extended edit that theoretically makes sense of Dimensions in Time was leaked to the internet by a close personal friend he's known for decades.

I think that's disgusting. Not only does it rob Ian Levine of his work, not only does it breach the union agreement that bans repeats of the story, I can't find it. ;)

• @FitzoliverJ said: I think that's disgusting. Not only does it rob Ian Levine of his work, not only does it breach the union agreement that bans repeats of the story, I can't find it. ;)

Indeed. He managed to plug the leak somehow before it went to a site that doesn't have invite-only membership. Curse his being very good at doing things!

• @Ribs said: Curse his being very good at doing things!

What was the nature of this project, in actual fact? Was it just an extended cut of "Dimensions in Time" (a story for which I have always had rather a soft spot), or this other project I've heard about, which uses footage from "Search out Space" and "Destiny of the Doctors" to tell a coherent story?

Supposedly there's an animated version of "The Dark Dimension", too.

• @FitzoliverJ said: What was the nature of this project, in actual fact? Was it just an extended cut of "Dimensions in Time" (a story for which I have always had rather a soft spot), or this other project I've heard about, which uses footage from "Search out Space" and "Destiny of the Doctors" to tell a coherent story?

Supposedly there's an animated version of "The Dark Dimension", too.

It's basically just the original but with some newly shot footage of Sylvester in the TARDIS which helps explains things from what I can tell. Hopefully we'll finally find out how Leela took the form of Romana!

The Dark Dimension is still a rumor, as Sylvestor said he was asked to record dialogue for it.

• Why have I never heard of this man before?!

Also, in other news, the first episode of The adventure Games series 2 was out today.

• @Friar said: Why have I never heard of this man before?!

Also, in other news, the first episode of The adventure Games series 2 was out today.

No, you probably have heard of Ian at some point. He saved the Daleks from being wiped! And claims to have written Attack of the Cybermen. And also infamously said "There are 110 missing episodes of Doctor Who. There will always be 110 missing episodes of Doctor Who." He has a pretty bad personal reputation, though, as a good amount of people he's worked with, from Eric Saward to Simon Cowell, all no longer talk to him.

Add Comment