User Avatar Image

Back to the future franchise dead?

posted by generalcabdriver45 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Hello there telltale forum members I want to make this thread to make a point about something now telltale fans who are here because of sam and max TOMI etc, Shouldnt reply or read futher because I am very sure I am going to anger them with some of the stuff coming up... Now I will get to the point.

Of course most of you have seen back to the future and as good as it is, it seems to be dying out here's why I think that:

1. Films like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars or Jurassic Park have had lots of games whilse Back to the future has not, but when Telltale made the recent one they messed up let me explain my point, The graphics were rubbish and made it look like a kids cartoon more than a game about a film for adults, and even worse is they went and delayed Jurassic park to make it a whole level better, what do Telltale prefer Jurassic park? If they do I dont see a reason to make one game better and on more consoles and better graphics etc and have the other game made cheaply and quickly... Also it seems Telltale prefer using voice actors, for example tom wilson now I know that it wasnt completley there fault but after they learnt tom didnt mind being in the game they still went ahead and got a terrible voice actor which if you read his info on the bttf page he has worked in other games for them so it means they didnt even try doing auditions to find a 'better' Biff Tannen.

Now to extend all this is the point of companys they cant even be botherd to buy the rights to companys like nike or pepsi which was always being shown in the films, also in episode 1 Jcpenny = Jcpennie...WTF, now I know it would of been pointless since it was only there for a few miniutes of the game but still it makes no sense that in the film it's jcpenny and then six monthes later the company turn it into Jcpennie.

2. Lego. Now when I talk about lego I already know why they will not make a Back to the future lego set or game but still it seems unfair that films which are rubbish get a lego back to the future.

3. Blu-ray. Back to the future eventually got released onto Blu-ray but only just, people had to lietrally protest for a blu-ray release while films like star wars get them really easily.

4. It seems everything to do with back to the future is being ripped up thrown out and ripped more, of course im talking about the ride.

I dont see how it is fair that a fantastic film can be so coldley abondoned.
If you have heard a star wars ride has been opened in disneyland, hardly fair!!!

If you still think the back to the future franchise is doing well except from the fact nike made some shoes which look like the ones in part 2. Then I dont know how to convince you that back to the future will be in the dust in another 10-20 years whilse films like avatar (which is overated) or star wars will be still living on with some crappy new tv show which completley erases the point of the films.

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Martin McFly said: So which side are you on? ;)

Not even I know. I'm very mysterious.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: 8/10 OP. You could've used a little more subtlety, but you managed to get a lot of people. Hell, for a minute I was even planning to type out an actual rebuttal. Well done.

Oh, and for the record, everybody in this thread is either a troll or being trolled. :p

That fucker. I should've known after the EA thing.

• First off broski, JP is a growing franchise, and has a new movie on the way. BTTF was released in the 80's and then it just died. I'm glad Universal never touched the film till now. It was always perfect, 1 little brush and its bad.

• @generalcabdriver45 said:
    Now to extend all this is the point of companys they cant even be botherd to buy the rights to companys like nike or pepsi which was always being shown in the films, also in episode 1 Jcpenny = Jcpennie...WTF, now I know it would of been pointless since it was only there for a few miniutes of the game but still it makes no sense that in the film it's jcpenny and then six monthes later the company turn it into Jcpennie.

What would be the point of that? It appears briefly in the background of the first episode. Why would they waste the time getting licenses to stores that appear for a few brief seconds?

• @generalcabdriver said: I dont see how it is fair that a fantastic film can be so coldley abondoned.
    If you have heard a star wars ride has been opened in disneyland, hardly fair!!!

The reason Star Wars is still alive is cause it's a huge franchise. It had 3 new movies in the 2000 and now a TV show. BTTF had 3 films and a horrible TV show, and the bad bad games. Look at E.T, another wonderful film destroyed by it's remastered edition. You cant alter BTTF, it's gonna screw everything over.

And yeah so unfair star wars got a ride boo hoo disney had the license to do so. Universal Orlando lost the rights to BTTF and had to demolish the ride.

• @Faceslasher said: The reason Star Wars is still alive is cause it's a huge franchise. It had 3 new movies in the 2000 and now a TV show. BTTF had 3 films and a horrible TV show, and the bad bad games. Look at E.T, another wonderful film destroyed by it's remastered edition. You cant alter BTTF, it's gonna screw everything over.

And yeah so unfair star wars got a ride boo hoo disney had the license to do so. Universal Orlando lost the rights to BTTF and had to demolish the ride.

While true, Spielberg has stated that the ET Blu-ray will be the original edition and he said he regrets what he did.

• In certain ways what you say is right but I think its far from dead.

• @yoman45135 said: In certain ways what you say is right but I think its far from dead.

It's dead in the same way the godfather series is dead; relegated to video games an nostalgia.

• I wouldn't call it a "franchise that is dead," it's more of a "series that is over."

• Mfw reading the OP's post
    samhaing.jpg

If the franchise was dead, I doubt many of us remember it, but as one of the other poster's said, I think this is a troll topic.

It's dead in the same way the godfather series is dead; relegated to video games an nostalgia.

Better nostalgia then destroying what we love about it the way Lucas is doing with the Star Wars franchise.

Add Comment