User Avatar Image

The Silver Lining thread

posted by Mike Haley on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Nobody else has posted this, so...

It looks like The Silver Lining (formerly known as King's Quest IX: Every Cloak Has a Silver Lining) will finally be released in Summer 2009. That is, if Vivindi Games (now merged with Activision) doesn't sit on its royal ass during the approval process. Unfortunately, only the first two chapters of The Silver Lining will be released. The remaining chapters (3-9) will most likely never see the light of day. According to the team, it would take 10 or more years to complete them without proper funding, which even if they had, would put their fan license in jeopardy.

It would be interesting to see if they ultimately decide to release the remaining chapters one at a time over the next few years. I hear that episodic gaming is doing fairly well...

http://www.tsl-game.com/journal/special/

Now, I just wish that SQ7.org would receive permission from Vivindi Games to be completed.

301 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Cez

I will never hear the end of the grapes story ;)

• No, Cez--WE will never hear the end of the grapes story! :p

• And now episode 4 has November 6th as a release date, according to this trailer.
    This is unacceptable. When they say it's going to release it October, they had damn well better release it in October too, and by an October release I do not mean October 31st.
    If I could be arsed to make an account, I'd go over to the PoS forums and tell them exactly what I think.

• Why? Because you gave them your hard-earned internet cookies and you're entitled to "customer service"? You're not a customer, you're a fan. Wait your turn.

And if you were being sarcastic, then redirect this to whoever isn't.

• @caeska said: And now episode 4 has November 6th as a release date, according to this trailer.
    This is unacceptable. When they say it's going to release it October, they had damn well better release it in October too, and by an October release I do not mean October 31st.
    If I could be arsed to make an account, I'd go over to the PoS forums and tell them exactly what I think.

We had quite a bit of other stuff going on in October that ate into our time a little bit and we wanted to make sure we released a solid Episode. Since you don't even have an account, I'm not sure why you care so much. But if you did have an account you might have noticed the frustration that came up when we released Episode 3 without giving ourselves the proper amount of breathing room and there were some fairly annoying bugs. We have resolved all of those issues for this release and want to just be sure that we have a few days dedicated only to testing before we throw this episode out to the public.

And you're the only person I've seen who's even complained that instead of releasing the game this weekend we had a big party to announce our first major commercial title with guests from Fable Foundry showing off some really awesome stuff they're working on, various presentations, and even a visit from Jane Jensen. I guess if you really would have preferred a buggy and unfinished game over that then that's your own preference. Oh well.

• Releasing a bug-free game is all well and good but what annoys me is you promising a release within a certain time frame and not upholding it.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who was mentally prepared for an October release, and coming with a trailer on the second-last of the month and giving a completely different release date is the equivalent of you telling your customer base "screw you".
    It would have gone a long way of alleviating the frustration if you would have just informed the public of developments and posted some updates, but you didn't even do that. I don't think that's fair.

• Right. "Screw you" was totally the intended message here.

• @caeska said: Releasing a bug-free game is all well and good but what annoys me is you promising a release within a certain time frame and not upholding it.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who was mentally prepared for an October release, and coming with a trailer on the second-last of the month and giving a completely different release date is the equivalent of you telling your customer base "screw you".
    It would have gone a long way of alleviating the frustration if you would have just informed the public of developments and posted some updates, but you didn't even do that. I don't think that's fair.

And you continue to come across as a whiny little bitch. The fact that the release date is literally a week away from your original bitchy post really makes you sound like an impatient little child. Might I suggest growing up and getting a life outside of complaining about not getting your free game sooner?

• @Lambonius said: And you continue to come across as a whiny little bitch. The fact that the release date is literally a week away from your original bitchy post really makes you sound like an impatient little child. Might I suggest growing up and getting a life outside of complaining about not getting your free game sooner?

Oh, so we're resorting to insulting people now?
    First of all, everyone's got a right to state their opinion. And secondly, yes, it is a big deal. Not getting what you're paying for always is.
    I won't accept this kind off treatment.

• Keep your debate respectful.. there is no reason for name calling... It is possible to disagree without being rude...

Add Comment