User Avatar Image

Languages?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Which languages will be included in the game?

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hmm yes you are right but you can't ignore the mass purchasing power of the Germans and German speaking foreigners.

  • @Bloody Eugene said: This is the map of languages in the world:
    worldmap.png

    ....

    I let Telltale understand how many potential customers they're losing.

    Why is Azerbaijan Caucasian and not Turkic? And since when is Kazakhstan Slavic and not Turkic lol. Something is wrong with this map ^^

  • @Turanoceratops said: Why is Azerbaijan Caucasian and not Turkic? And since when is Kazakhstan Slavic and not Turkic lol. Something is wrong with this map ^^

    That map isn't correct... Some countries that have Portuguese as the official language doesn't appear to speak it in that map!

  • i hope that it will be possible to do "home made translations" so people can translate at least the text

  • 99.9% of people who A) play video games and B) like Jurassic Park would know English. I know there are exceptions, but most people fit into this category.

  • @TP3D said: 99.9% of people who A) play video games and B) like Jurassic Park would know English. I know there are exceptions, but most people fit into this category.

    ...So you're saying that every multilanguage release from Ubisoft, EA, Valve, etc. is just for the 0.1% of the market?????

    :rolleyes:

  • @Bloody Eugene said: ...So you're saying that every multilanguage release from Ubisoft, EA, Valve, etc. is just for the 0.1% of the market?????

    :rolleyes:


    Nope, but those companies have much more money and resources than Telltale. If Universal is wiling to compensate them for the additional effort, then these complaints really should be filed against them.

  • @Asian Inferno said: Nope, but those companies have much more money and resources than Telltale.

    Companies smaller than Telltale made multilanguage games regularly. Bill Tiller's "A vampyre story" and "Voojoo Island" has Italian Subtitles. "Amnesia" has multilanguage from the day of its release. Even "Braid" has multilanguage.
    Don't tell me they have no money for it, but have money for jeeps, real plants, props and stuffs to exhibit during shows...

  • @Bloody Eugene said: Companies smaller than Telltale made multilanguage games regularly. Bill Tiller's "A vampyre story" and "Voojoo Island" has Italian Subtitles. "Amnesia" has multilanguage from the day of its release. Even "Braid" has multilanguage.
    Don't tell me they have no money for it, but have money for jeeps, real plants, props and stuffs to exhibit during shows...

    they also could ask for an amateur translation, at least for the text

  • @TP3D said: 99.9% of people who A) play video games and B) like Jurassic Park would know English. I know there are exceptions, but most people fit into this category.

    Not quite. Outside of America things can be quite different. The problem is that most videogame "blockbusters" are distributed by companies that don't realize that there's a (big) market outside of the US.

    The problem is... everyone thinks that everyplace is just like the US...

    There's a reason Facebook games are kicking your asses! :p

Add Comment