User Avatar Image

Give idea, get story (now with 20% more Haggis!) - Update: Hardback cover book

posted by Haggis on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in, like, forever, but I've got something that may be of interest. Basically, you give me an idea (a subject, setting, a few lines), and I write a story for you!

If you want to get an idea of what I mean, you can find two sample stories (ideas courtesy of SilverWolfPet) here: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/09/28/introducing-bouffon-stories/

Enjoy, and feel free to ask for a story in this thread! :D

244 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh, thank god! For some reason, everyone started calling me Haggis while you were away. Maybe now it'll stop.

• @tbm1986 said: No, I mean we should lessen the bombardment.

Nah, he can take it! animated-smileys-devil-011.gif

Besides, it's a really good exercise for him. Like I do with tributes. :)

@tbm1986 said: Oh, thank god! For some reason, everyone started calling me Haggis while you were away. Maybe now it'll stop.

Sooo why are you called Haggis? I mean, what's with the line under your username?

• I don't mind about the backlog, as long it doesn't grow too big. :) It just means that you'll have to wait a while until your story is written.

And here's a new one! http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/10/28/inside-out/

(Besides, I'm curious about ted12 being called Haggis as well... what's up with that?)

• @Haggis said: I don't mind about the backlog, as long it doesn't grow too big. :) It just means that you'll have to wait a while until your story is written.

And here's a new one! http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/10/28/inside-out/

(Besides, I'm curious about ted12 being called Haggis as well... what's up with that?)

Oh my good dear word, Haggis, that made me laugh out loud a few times! It reminded me moderately of Hitchhikers.

...and that's my queue to submit yet another one!

Below are three sub-sections, one shall have both traits listed included in the story, one shall have only one, and the last section can use either one or two. You can choose which sub-section is used in which way.

-A Dinosaur Destroying a Community
    -A Giant Game of Chess

-New York City During the Great Depression
    -A Daytime Talk Show hosted by Large Wasps who only speak Portugese

-The Letter 'j'
    -The Word 'the'

• Sorry about not posting for a few days, but I've been working on my fundraising campaign for the book I'm writing.

Anyway, here's a new story! http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/11/01/my-head/

• Okay, here's a difficult one, perhaps.

- Eldritch Abomination / Cosmic Horror
    - Romantic comedy
    - On the set of Jeopardy

Play it as straight as possible, meaning, the romantic comedy element should not be played as some form of parody but as an actual romantic comedy, and there actually should be a cosmic horror, Cthulhu style, either as a love interest or as an actual being of horror which brings the two lovers closer to each other. The last one especially would be hard without letting it devolve into straight-up horror and without letting the cosmic horror element down, although the former would be very challenging to let it be both romantic and comedic without making it feel like some parody.

Good luck, soldier! Make me proud!

• Hokay, another one *bombardment mode on*:

the story must include:
    - the line: "Uschi, I love you, I want a child from you" (it has to be said by a girl, by the way)
    -Pepsi has to play a major role
    -a minimum of 3 chuck norris facts
    -Aaaannnd ... um... the word "Isoprophylprofimilbabitursourphenyldementylaminophyrazolon"

Good luck, dude! :D

• "Then suddenly, a wolf appeared by the road. Its coat was not the typical mixture of brown and grey though. Its hairs were like threads of silver."

...I'm gonna kill you.

• While you are working on your pending stories, I'll come here with a fairly easy storyline.

- Situation: Alien invasion
    - Premise: How Earth's stupidity completely averts and obliterates an alien invasion
    - The aliens are immune to Earth's diseases

Add Comment