User Avatar Image

Who is your favorite guitarist

posted by bobber56 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
138 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • And you just lost all credibility on this topic. You do NOT diss Led Zeppelin.

• I feel like I should report that post.

• @bobber56 said: Jimmy Page sucks.

@bobber56 said: And you just lost all credibility on this topic. You do NOT diss Led Zeppelin.

@bobber56 said: I feel like I should report that post.

I'm with bobber. Jimmy Page played one scale over and over for his whole career. I don't like Angus Young either though :p

• @JedExodus said: I'm with bobber. Jimmy Page played one scale over and over for his whole career. I don't like Angus Young either though :p

You lost credibility for dissing AC/DC. But Page does suck, and so does Led Zeppelin. You don't like that, deal with it. GuruGuru214 and Hayden sure can't. And if you hate AC/DC, I hate you!

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Everybody, please keep it civil. We can talk about guitarists we like and don't like without resorting to petty name calling.

I'm going to be the odd man out and say I actually prefer electric violin to electric guitar. Ever since I heard my music instructor play one in middle school, I've been enamored by the instrument. Google Fuse sometime. And Trans-Siberian always utilizes the electric violin, too.

• @divisionten said: Everybody, please keep it civil. We can talk about guitarists we like and don't like without resorting to petty name calling.

In a time of war, there is always one who must bring peace. You are probably the guy.

• @bobber56 said: You lost credibility for dissing AC/DC. But Page does suck, and so does Led Zeppelin. You don't like that, deal with it. GuruGuru214 and Hayden sure can't. And if you hate AC/DC, I hate you!

Never a good idea to make an enemy of a mod. Not that I'd ever ban someone just for annoying me. ;)

@bobber56 said: In a time of war, there is always one who must bring peace. You are probably the guy.

Actually, divisionten is a girl.

• @GuruGuru214 said:
    Actually, divisionten is a girl.

Oh sh*t, i'm sorry.

• @bobber56 said: But Page does suck, and so does Led Zeppelin. You don't like that, deal with it.

No band that writes "Kashmir" can possibly suck; the earth would collapse in on itself or the universe would end or something; it's an impossibility. They may not be the greatest rock band in the world, as you'll hear many people thoughtlessly spout, but to say that they just simply 'suck' - I think that's wrong. And if you're going to make such claims, then back up your opinion and state your reasoning; then we can have a discussion of sorts, rather than engage in something that resembles your standard YouTube argument.

GuruGuru214 and Hayden sure can't.

Well, actually, I can. I like plenty of bands that suck. I like the band Jet, despite their lack of originality and musical proficiency, because I still enjoy a lot of the songs they write. I like quite a bit of Nickelback's music, and boy do they suck at times. I'll also guiltily admit to liking some of Motley Crue's material. It's unadventurous, it features mediocre musicianship, bad lyrics, and it's often cheesy as hell, but I can still get a kick out of listening to it.

Also, I like Primus. And Primus suck!

And if you hate AC/DC, I hate you!

I like how you tell us that we can't 'deal' with being told that a band we're fond of sucks, yet you go as far to say that you 'hate' somebody when they so much as 'diss' a band that you like. There's a word for this; it starts with 'h'. See if you can guess it.

And, for the record, I quite like AC/DC; I think they're a very good rock band; I own all of their studio albums and have payed good money to see them live. They can perhaps be criticized for not branching out, evolving, or progressing past the point of extreme simplicity, but I feel that, in remaining consistently simplistic over such a long course of time, they've actually refined their style of the genre to the point of perfection, and shown just how much can be done and achieved with a simplistic approach.

• @bobber56 said: You lost credibility for dissing AC/DC.

Pffftt, like I had any to begin with

@bobber56 said: No band that writes "Kashmir" can possibly suck; the earth would collapse in on itself or the universe would end or something; it's an impossibility.

The only bits I like about Kashmir are the brass and strings, ie the parts that Zep didn't do themselves. I really don't know what's supposed to be so remarkable about it, maybe it was revolutionary for the time but it does nothing for me.

The most joy it gave me was that Rage Against the Machine put the riff to use in Wake Up, a song that in my books kicks far more bum.

Add Comment