User Avatar Image

Can someone in California go to EA and slap them in the face for me?

posted by Zeek on - last edited - Viewed by 941 users

http://simsvip.com/?p=2937For those of you who do have Hidden Springs and have noticed a lack of animations and “glitters” from the Fountain of Youth (and spell book), need to know that there is an issue with Premium Content conflict.

We all know the Sims team will probably never fix this issue (what else is new) and more so because of their newest updated Simpoint/Digital Services Agreement you have to abide to.

[QUOTE]15. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SIMS ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. EA MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SIMS ONLINE SERVICES, THE SIMS 3 CONTENT OR SIMPOINTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON INFRINGEMENT.EA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OR OPERATION OF THE SIMS ONLINE SERVICES, EA ACCOUNTS OR SUPPORTING SYSTEMS AND WEBSITES (COLLECTIVELY, “EA SERVICES”) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM ERROR, THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE EA SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE EA SERVICES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THOSE EA SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONDITIONS OR COMPONENTS.

EA is basically letting us know they never have to fix anything we purchase. Basically they can give you a flippin virus and it is not their problem.[/QUOTE]

Okay, WTF, EA? You just pretty much told your most profitable PC game you have under your ownership that you WON'T fix their DLC content if it conflicts with their existing game or even other DLC in your inventory. You've pretty much stated as well that your DLC may or may not be virus free.

Bottom line is that you're pretty much admitting to your Sims customers that you don't care about your product anymore. All you care about is their money.

I know this is a libabity clause designed to prevent the sue happy, but it's coming off as if you're saying that you don't care about your Sims 3 players as much as you care about their money.

And as someone who just got into The Sims franchise? That's off-putting enough to make me quit the franchise and not feel bad about it.

/rant

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This seems like a good time to clarify, in case any of you were wondering, while your Telltale accounts and forum accounts are tied together, a forum ban only prevents you from accessing the forum.

• Oh, good. So it's like Steam then. That's nice to know.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Elvenmonk said: This is why I'm not in favor of forum accounts, game IDs, and all that being unified. It makes everything easier, but it can end baddly. If I want to ban you from the forums, but not the games/the ability to buy from me it's kind of hard with this system.

Another thing that really bugs me with modern DRM. You buy games, but you don't seem to own them. It's paradox, frankly. That's why the Telltale end-of-season-DVD is an absolute MUST.

• New reason why we should nuke EA off the face of the gaming industry!

Apparently, their call center is not connected to corporate at all. That's right. When you call for customer support, you are not getting any kind other than technical help for specific game titles. If you have any questions about your EA account, they can't help you because EA accounts are considered corporate issues. Oh, and don't ask to be forwarded to them, because they won't do that. In fact, the person I talked to when I asked flat out told me "no."

*sigh* I need to find an effective and public way to complain about this, but the TTG forums will have to do unless I can find a corporate number where I can actually talk to someone who represents the company and not some outsourced call center.

Now here's the kicker.

That link that I was banned for? They are now saying that it is because it was an advertisement for another site and had nothing to do with the conversation at the time. I asked them, again seeking more information and not appealing the banning, how that was not relevant to the discussion at hand which I started by asking if anyone else thought those elements were present in the Sims 3 development team--thereby justifying the long list of existing issues that haven't been fixed, I was never given an answer. Instead I was asked "Is there anything else I can assist you with today?"

• @Vainamoinen said: Another thing that really bugs me with modern DRM. You buy games, but you don't seem to own them.

I don't condone piracy, but it is for that reason that I find such as file-sharing to be useful tools. I know someone here is want to argue in favor of the DMCA (DeLorean Motor Company Authority? :D) with me for saying so, but I'm just saying that if a game company went under causing DRM to prevent further gameplay, you can bet that you could easily find someone on the net to give you the means to change that.

• Hey, the made it possible for German players to download and install Battlefield 3 by getting around the Origins force-install...

...of course that means they can't play online multi-player as a result because that action is a direct violation of the TOS, but hey! I got your game without the need for Origins!

• You still gave them money though lol. Somehow I don't think they care.

You should buy Russian copies. Completely legal, and it means you punish EA's bad business practices because they don't get as much money from those copies. As an example BF3 is £12(14 Euro). Only downside is you have to download the english language files from somewhere to make it english, but it's easily done.

• Yeah, for now EA doesn't get any money from me.

• @der_ketzer said: No that's the USA for you. All they are doing is preventing the worst should there ever be a virus.

Pretty sure that's not just the US, but okay.

• @Vainamoinen said: Another thing that really bugs me with modern DRM. You buy games, but you don't seem to own them. It's paradox, frankly. That's why the Telltale end-of-season-DVD is an absolute MUST.

I buy my games then crack them. I then back them up on a seperate DVD. It looks like I went to China and bought a shit ton of games, but no. They're all legit copies I backed up to ensure I'd have them for good.

Add Comment