User Avatar Image

Dear telltale games

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I was wondering ...

You all know what Lucas arts did to Ron Gilbert.

They fired him and he has been upset about it ever since.

Ron gilbert the maker of maniac mansion and monkey island one and 2. A brillant man just might give you the rights to maniac mansion and monkey island in order to make more games if he still owns the rights.

Could you imagine working with steve and ron ?

Maybe Im just a dreamer or crazy. Im sure Im not the only one though.

Maybe you guys should contact Ron gilbert and see if you guys can make even more classic game remakes.

Lots of people want a monkey island game but lucas arts doesnt have the balls to do it. Most people argue that monkey island isnt the same without Ron there anyways.

Maybe Im just overly excited about your new game sam and max but I hope that some day you or Lucas will dare to be innovative enough to bring us a new monkey island or maniac mansion. I rather have fresh innovative individualls as yoursleves do it though. Because you dare to be different you dare to go out on a limb and to try new things , different things. The world needs different and Id software and Lucas arts just doesnt have the balls to be different anymore.

THATS RIGHT LUCAS ARTS!!! All your games are the same. ! Down with lucas arts and up with telltale!!!!

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ron Gilbert doesn't own the rights to Maniac Mansion or Monkey Island, and he seems busy pitching his own (RPG) game to publishers.

But I do agree that LucasArts is just recycling the same old same old. Companies like Telltale, that dare to make cool adventure games, may attract the attention of other companies, who in turn may think "hmm... why aren't more people making adventure games?" It would be nice if LucasArts would be one of those companies, but I wouldn't count on it. At least there's always Telltale! :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

The story of Lucasarts is really a tragedy. It's a shame how something once so great can be reduced to such a mess of corporate stinkyness.

I still have some sympathy over the firm. They deserve better.

• [quote]Maybe Im just a dreamer or crazy. Im sure Im not the only one though.[/quote]

You may saaay I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only oooone...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    You all know what Lucas arts did to Ron Gilbert.

They fired him and he has been upset about it ever since.
    [/quote]

They didn't fire him. He left on his own will in 1992, when Lucasarts was STILL devoted to adventure games. He was looking for a fresh experience and founded Humongous Entertainment.
    You're right about the rest, though.
    What about Telltale and Ron's brand new RPG-like Project? ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote][quote]Maybe Im just a dreamer or crazy. Im sure Im not the only one though.[/quote]

You may saaay I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only oooone... [/quote]
    Squinky , I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

That is actually what I was thinking of when I posted that. :p

I often wonder how much Ron Gilbert uses forums and things of that nature.....?

I didnt even know that he was still active I think Im going to look into that.

Im actually using that song for my self profile for a film course in my college experience. I have to make a video so Im making a music video with that song. Some parts are hard to think around.

I want to show it to you guys now!!!

Oh back to topic, Telltale games you rock . DOnt ever change unless you can become even better.

• [quote]I often wonder how much Ron Gilbert uses forums and things of that nature.....?[/quote]

Grumpy Gamer

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    THATS RIGHT LUCAS ARTS!!! All your games are the same. ! Down with lucas arts and up with telltale!!!![/quote]

The games are not the same. Both companys are good. But can you imagine another Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion game? It can't be done (well).

• [quote]But can you imagine another Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion game? It can't be done (well).[/quote]

Of course it can be done well.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote][quote]But can you imagine another Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion game? It can't be done (well).[/quote]

Of course it can be done well.[/quote]

Really, explain how. The stories should be left alone. They ended with no cliffhanger or opportunity to continue.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Monkey Island was intended to be a trilogy, and the "real" third game was never made. So yes, there is room to continue.

Add Comment