User Avatar Image

Steam codes for Telltale-website bought titles?

posted by Borracho on - last edited - Viewed by 7.6K users

Hi,

I wanted to ask, if I've bought all these games through Telltale.com, is it possible to get Steam codes for them as well, so that I can also link them to my Steam account?

Thank you very much!

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We don't give Steam codes for our games as of right now, but you can pretty easily add a shortcut to any of the games in Steam's games library.

• Ok, thank you very much :)

• @Michael Parks said: We don't give Steam codes for our games as of right now, but you can pretty easily add a shortcut to any of the games in Steam's games library.

Right now? Is it possible that you might do this in the future?
    I really enjoy telltale games so I buy em from this site because of the collectors dvds. But I would rather have all my games organized on steam.

• Yes, I agree,;) it would be very nice.

For example, guys at TheHumbleBundle when you purchase a bundle of indie games from their website, they give you also the code to redeem your games directly on steam, not via a link of an externally installation.

I REALLY appreciate it if you'll do it in the future... PLEASE! Something tells me that I'm not the only one who will be happy of the service (a second code, valid on Steam, along with the original TelltaleGames one - for each purchased game, or per "season" if that apply).

Thanks a lot in advance in any case, have a nice day.

Edoardo

• @Edoardo said: Yes, I agree,;) it would be very nice.

For example, guys at TheHumbleBundle when you purchase a bundle of indie games from their website, they give you also the code to redeem your games directly on steam, not via a link of an externally installation.

I REALLY appreciate it if you'll do it in the future... PLEASE! Something tells me that I'm not the only one who will be happy of the service (a second code, valid on Steam, along with the original TelltaleGames one - for each purchased game, or per "season" if that apply).

Thanks a lot in advance in any case, have a nice day.

Edoardo

They probably don't do it because it would mean less money for them. Perhaps they could charge an extra fee, but [and I lack certain knowledge of Valve's licensing system] it's possible the extra fee could be as much as the price of the game on Steam.

• With the current situation on Steam, I'd like to bump this topic briefly, and would appreciate it if someone on the Telltale team could please respond.

During Steam's Holiday Sale, they're running a contest where people receive gifts, coupons, and entries into a sweepstakes, simply for playing games and scoring achievements. This year, at least 2 Telltale titles are part of this contest. Jurassic Park (with the "Holiday Bonus" achievement announced today) and Puzzle Agent 2 (which hasn't been announced by Steam yet, but which seems a no brainer for inclusion with the "Christmas Tree Census" achievement that was added).

This creates a bit of a problem for many devoted Telltale fans. Because we went out of our way to support Telltale by purchasing the games through the Telltale store, we don't have a Steamworks enabled copy of the game, and so can't actually score these achievements. This in particular hurts people who purchased the Deluxe editions of the game, which were unavailable on Steam in the first place.

In the past, Telltale have provided Steam keys for pre-order customers of Poker Night at the Inventory. While that was undoubtedly a special occasion, I would ask if Telltale might consider somehow enabling this for their customers again on these two particular titles (and any other Telltale titles included in this contest, though I don't think there are any), either for free, or for a small nominal fee to partially or fully cover whatever Steam might be charging you for doing it.

• We definitely appreciate the feedback on this, and I promise it's not an idea that's being dismissed here. I totally get where you're coming from and I wish I had some news on this for you, but as of right now, I don't.

• Thanks for the quick reply Michael, I appreciate it.

The Steam contest will continue until January 2nd, and achievements will continue to be counted up until that time, so just knowing that it's not an idea being instantly being dismissed is great to hear. There's still plenty of time for us to get those achievements if something can be done, and I hope that Telltale might be able to find a solution over these next 12 days or so that will work for everyone.

• I know you've already responded, but I'd just like to toss in that I, too, am saddened that I can't participate in the Steam hunt.

I was never particularly bothered by not having my Telltale games on Steam before, but when they have achievements on Steam... well, I like getting achievements! It's a fun little addition. It doesn't ruin the experience to not have them, by any means, but it's always nice when I do. And now that Telltale is participating heavily in the Steam metagame achievement hunt, I miss them all the more!

• Add another person who would love a steam code for Jurassic Park. Bought the deluxe edition and having it in my steam list would be hugely convenient. :D

Add Comment