User Avatar Image

Gerry Harding and Sara Harding

posted by Laphin on - last edited - Viewed by 344 users

Okay.. here's a little bit of weirdness for you.

For the folks that read the novel, you know that Gerry Harding is chief veterinarian of Jurassic Park. His daughter is Sara Harding 14 years of age (in the game). Okay, now that we know this. Ian Malcolm is an adult.

Lets fast forward into The Lost World which takes place 4 years later.
Sara Harding, (the little girl in the game), is Ian Malcolm's girlfriend. She would be 18 years of age... but in the movie, she's obviously maybe in her late 20s, early 30s.

Am I missing something.. or did they make Sara Harding a little too young, mis-aligning the story line a little bit? o.O

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Laphin said: Okay.. here's a little bit of weirdness for you.

    For the folks that read the novel, you know that Gerry Harding is chief veterinarian of Jurassic Park. His daughter is Sara Harding 14 years of age (in the game). Okay, now that we know this. Ian Malcolm is an adult.

    Lets fast forward into The Lost World which takes place 4 years later.
    Sara Harding, (the little girl in the game), is Ian Malcolm's girlfriend. She would be 18 years of age... but in the movie, she's obviously maybe in her late 20s, early 30s.

    Am I missing something.. or did they make Sara Harding a little too young, mis-aligning the story line a little bit? o.O



    The girl in the game is named Jess Harding

  • @Tyrannosaur87 said: The girl in the game is named Jess Harding



    Ohhh okay.. so they dodged that loophole. I wonder how "Sara Harding" will be brought up then.

  • @Laphin said: Okay.. here's a little bit of weirdness for you.

    For the folks that read the novel, you know that Gerry Harding is chief veterinarian of Jurassic Park. His daughter is Sara Harding 14 years of age (in the game). Okay, now that we know this. Ian Malcolm is an adult.

    Lets fast forward into The Lost World which takes place 4 years later.
    Sara Harding, (the little girl in the game), is Ian Malcolm's girlfriend. She would be 18 years of age... but in the movie, she's obviously maybe in her late 20s, early 30s.

    Am I missing something.. or did they make Sara Harding a little too young, mis-aligning the story line a little bit? o.O



    in the game. Harding's daughter name is Jess Harding.
    so i think he has two daughters.

  • I don't think Sarah Harding will be mentioned at all. I think we're just supposed to assume that she's unrelated.

  • @Laphin said: Ohhh okay.. so they dodged that loophole. I wonder how "Sara Harding" will be brought up then.



    Chances are Sarah Harding, if mentioned at all, will be mentioned as Jess' older sister, or something along those lines.

  • Yeah, I think as far as the movies go, the two aren't releated. In fact, I think the novel only hints at the fact that they might be releated without actually saying that they are.

  • @waroftheworlds01 said: Yeah, I think as far as the movies go, the two aren't releated. In fact, I think the novel only hints at the fact that they might be releated without actually saying that they are.



    True, but in an interview Chrichton did confirm that Sarah Harding is Gerry Harding's daughter

  • Yeah thers a moment in the Novel that Sarah mentions her father working at a game preserve on an island off of Costa Rica, and Malcom looks at her and says something that hints strongly at the relation, but I forget what...then the Rex's attack I think haha



    so If there is a relation in the game, I'd go with big sister, and even if they don't mention her, I'd still just assume it. Personally at least.

  • @Romeosierra616 said:



    so If there is a relation in the game, I'd go with big sister, and even if they don't mention her, I'd still just assume it. Personally at least.



    That's a good idea right there.

  • @Laphin said: Okay.. here's a little bit of weirdness for you.

    For the folks that read the novel, you know that Gerry Harding is chief veterinarian of Jurassic Park. His daughter is Sara Harding 14 years of age (in the game). Okay, now that we know this. Ian Malcolm is an adult.

    Lets fast forward into The Lost World which takes place 4 years later.
    Sara Harding, (the little girl in the game), is Ian Malcolm's girlfriend. She would be 18 years of age... but in the movie, she's obviously maybe in her late 20s, early 30s.

    Am I missing something.. or did they make Sara Harding a little too young, mis-aligning the story line a little bit? o.O



    dude the little girl's name is jess...which makes her sara's younger sister...

Add Comment