User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure for PC

posted by Cyd on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I purchased the four episode game today at Best Buy. I am playing FRIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEES. It was playing beautifully... I think I've encountered a bug. When Gromit goes to town to solve the bee problem the game no longer functions. No clicking, no walking, no inventory, no EXIT. I can only exit the game with ctrl+alt+del. Also, what's with the "Tea Break" message. That's very frustrating when the game locks up over and over again.:rolleyes:

Any help will be appreciated.

Windows XP
NVIDIA card
2.71 GHz
3.00 GB Ram
Free Hard Drive Space 126 GB

If I should have to move the game to our VISTA machine where are the saved games stored? Is a patch available

Thank you,

Cyd

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have the same problem you have been discussing with Cyd in an earlier post in this forum.. I have already tried exchanging for a new disc, which did not solve the problem. I would like to download the game if that will fix it.

Thanks,
    Paul

@Will said: Ok, well I have one of those exact same disks here (theoretically) and haven't been able to reproduce it from any of the saves. That's somewhat comforting in that it may not be terribly common and a store return might actually fix it.

But before we go to that length, could you try downloading the game from our website? http://www.telltalegames.com/download/frightofthebumblebees

I'll go ahead and add it to your account so that you have a valid serial number and can unlock the game. Just load up your save and see if that solves the problem. If it DOESN'T solve the problem, then there is something weird going on at the system level.

[Edit] Robert, I couldn't find you in the system. Could you PM me your email address?

• I just purchased the game at Best Buy also and am having the same problem. I am downloading the slot2.zip file from a post below and I hope it will help. Just wanted to let you know you weren't alone!

gameho

• Thanks for your research WebNutMark. I simply deleted the files below, re-opened the game, and it seemed to play normally afterward. I hope this works for everyone else.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack\env_TownExterior_Gromit.dlg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack\env_CountryRoad.dlg

• G'day, mate. I purchased the blue box from Amazon and experienced the same problem described in this thread. Deleting those two env_*.dlg files fixed my problem. Thank you!

• I bought this blue box gromit game at walmart yesterday on clearence. I get tea break same as everyone else same exact glitch could someone help me fix it I don't know anything about program files.
    thanks

• @Knightmonx said: I bought this blue box gromit game at walmart yesterday on clearence. I get tea break same as everyone else same exact glitch could someone help me fix it I don't know anything about program files.
    thanks

Go to "Computer", click on your C drive, and then click on Program files. Look for Tall Tale Games, than Wallace and Gromit's Great Adventures, and then Fright of the Bumblebees.
    Look for these files and delete them:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack\env_TownExterior_Gromit.dlg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack\env_CountryRoad.dlg

I bought my game in a blue box from Walmart. I am glad WebNutMark found the answer to that glitch! :)

• Excuse me, How long did it take TTG to respond to your email?

• @BL115g said: Excuse me, How long did it take TTG to respond to your email?

It can take 48 hours to get a reply

• Hi, i have the steam Version of the Game and there are no files described above.
    I think they are inside the decryptet 31100_install.vdf file.

How do i get the game working. It is still hanging after the bee knockout in the garden.

how it is'nt be possible to get an updated version via steam? The Problem seams to be some years old!

• Hello everyone!
    I have recently purchased all W&G episodes over gog.com, I have noticed the advice to delete these 2 files, but they don't seem to exist in my game folder, maybe gog.com has somehow packaged them differently?
    sorry, i am pretty clueless, any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Add Comment