476 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ryannumber1gamer said: guys i just got an idea how about we help telltale with ideas for monkey island episodes

episode 1 - switching sides - lechuck and guybrush switch bodys but no one but lechuck and guybrush know and lechuck uses a voodoo spell to make guybrush unable to tell anyone its guybrush in lechucks body and then Lechuck in guybrush's body and elaine goes on a rampage through the carriban (which again lechuck has put a spell on elaine)

I don't think Telltale are having any trouble coming up with story ideas for their games ;)

• Hey everyone

after playing the game on pc and ps3 for the 8 time, i was just wondering if there getting a new tales of monkey island?

and is it getting a new edition of curse of monkey island?:confused:

• First thing is that a new MI-game depends on Lucas Arts, wo have the rights.

Second thing is that Telltale is really busy right now, they have so many projects on the run (JP, Waling Dead, Kings Quest, Fables ect.). they probably won't announce an new thing before late 2012 or 2013. Soo, if there will be a new MI, you have to be patient.

• Regarding a special edition for The Curse of Monkey Island: Well, LucasArts haven't announced one, and personally, I don't think we absolutely need one. It's got reasonably high resolution graphics, good voice acting and music, and a modern interface.

• I have been wanting to ask this: What the hell kind of a person names a character Guybrush Threepwood?

• @bobber56 said: I have been wanting to ask this: What the hell kind of a person names a character Guybrush Threepwood?

Here's the story behind the name.

Without knowing its origins, I must say that the name is a little obscure and ridiculous :D. But, then again, it's sort of meant to be.

• @Hayden said: Here's the story behind the name.

You know what's funny: this semester I've been studying The Odyssey and I started thinking to myself that Odysseus was like the original Adventure Game protagonist. While all the other Greek soldiers valued brute strength, Odysseus used his cunning and keen wit to overcome obstacles. Look at the Trojan Horse; it's exactly the kind of bizarre solution you'd find to a puzzle in an Adventure Game, not a traditionally accepted military strategy.

I find it really awesome that Ulysses, Latin for Odysseus, is Guybrush's middle name. It's a perfect fit.

• Do we know what LucasArts is doing besides the Kinect Star Wars game? I am losing the little hope I had for a season 2 :(

• @bobber56 said: I have been wanting to ask this: What the hell kind of a person names a character Guybrush Threepwood?

The origin of the name "Guybrush" comes in part from Deluxe Paint, the tool used by the artists to create the character sprite. Since the character had no name at this point, the file was simply called 'Guy'. When the file was saved, Steve Purcell, the artist responsible for the sprite, added 'brush' to the filename, indicating that it was the Deluxe Paint "brush file" for the "Guy" sprite. The file name was then "guybrush.bbm", so the developers eventually just started referring to this unnamed 'Guy' as "Guybrush".[2]

• And 'Threepwood' comes — reportedly second-hand — from the works of P.G. Wodehouse. It's the family name of the earls of Emsworth in the Blandings Castle stories.

Add Comment