User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 38.1K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know that I'm going to end up with that book at some point. Though, now it's less because I really want it and more because I can't stand having an incomplete set.

• @Alcoremortis said: I know that I'm going to end up with that book at some point. Though, now it's less because I really want it and more because I can't stand having an incomplete set.

Wouldn't it be easier to just sell the parts of the set you have, then? Or give them away if nobody will buy them? Or burn them if nobody will take them? I hear dried shit burns fairly well.

• @Rather Dashing said: Wouldn't it be easier to just sell the parts of the set you have, then? Or give them away if nobody will buy them? Or burn them if nobody will take them? I hear dried shit burns fairly well.

I can't burn books! And giving them away is equally bad.

Besides. I'm also rather curious to see how this thing pans out. It's been awhile since the first book, and maybe Christopher Paolini has improved as an author since then. Who knows?

If not, I'll still have the rest of the Hunger Games to read and maybe that new Rick Riordin book. Or that book by the dude with the incomprehensible name.

• Garry's Mod, off of Steam.

Hello, Youtube!

• @Alcoremortis said: I'll still have the rest of the Hunger Games to read

I read those. I wouldn't say it's a great story tbh, but it does well to never actually have a lull in the goings-on, so that once you start reading it you really can't stop until the end of the third book. Some people seem to think that automatically makes it good, but I don't agree.

• 0JQZL.jpg

Preordered it. I'm so excited! :)

• @Chyron8472 said: I read those. I wouldn't say it's a great story tbh, but it does well to never actually have a lull in the goings-on, so that once you start reading it you really can't stop until the end of the third book. Some people seem to think that automatically makes it good, but I don't agree.

Well, I read the first one...and stopped. Mainly because I didn't have the funds to complete the series. But the main reason I want the rest is because Suzanne Collins is a favorite author of mine, not for these books, but for her Gregor the Overlander series, which I initially loved for its humor and pacing (as well as fantastic characters) but now love due to the fact that it basically is the story of European history in the early twentieth century.

I'm curious to see if she's made any similar historical references in the Hunger Games books. It's hard to tell, having read only one book.

• I bought some gum, it's freakin' awesome.

Add Comment