User Avatar Image

The Silver Lining thread

posted by Mike Haley on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Nobody else has posted this, so...

It looks like The Silver Lining (formerly known as King's Quest IX: Every Cloak Has a Silver Lining) will finally be released in Summer 2009. That is, if Vivindi Games (now merged with Activision) doesn't sit on its royal ass during the approval process. Unfortunately, only the first two chapters of The Silver Lining will be released. The remaining chapters (3-9) will most likely never see the light of day. According to the team, it would take 10 or more years to complete them without proper funding, which even if they had, would put their fan license in jeopardy.

It would be interesting to see if they ultimately decide to release the remaining chapters one at a time over the next few years. I hear that episodic gaming is doing fairly well...

http://www.tsl-game.com/journal/special/

Now, I just wish that SQ7.org would receive permission from Vivindi Games to be completed.

301 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @KatieHal said: Rofl

Man, what are you guys gonna do when the fifth episode is released and you can't do this anymore? You'll have to find something new to hate and rant about, I guess. :)

Actually, we'll all be breathing a sigh of relief that the shitshow is over.

• Nah, you've way too much energy for it to be that simple ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

@Anakin Skywalker said: Why bother? You'll just pull the "Roberta liked Episode 1 which means she agreed 100% with our direction which means TSL is an official game, are you going to call Roberta a liar?" card again.

No, I didn't say that. I just said, Roberta played episode 1 and liked it. I really prefer to stick to facts, so it's just better to quote her directly:

“…I am deeply honored that a group of devoted fans have dedicated themselves to reviving the characters, lands and quests of my adventure game series, King’s Quest. Without the bravery and persistence of these volunteers – and it should be stressed that this game was developed by fans over ten long years without pay and in their own free time -- it is almost certain that King’s Quest would have been relegated to a forgotten obscurity – its story left untold. Now, there is a chance that many can truly find out what happens to the royal family of the Kingdom of Daventry.

This game is very true to the original series and features many of the storylines and characters, especially, of King’s Quest VI. I found it beautiful and fun to play. I, too, like many other fans, would like to see how this story unfolds!

Roberta Williams "

• @Cez said: No, I didn't say that. I just said, Roberta played episode 1 and liked it. I really prefer to stick to facts, so it's just better to quote her directly:

“…I am deeply honored that a group of devoted fans have dedicated themselves to reviving the characters, lands and quests of my adventure game series, King’s Quest. Without the bravery and persistence of these volunteers – and it should be stressed that this game was developed by fans over ten long years without pay and in their own free time -- it is almost certain that King’s Quest would have been relegated to a forgotten obscurity – its story left untold. Now, there is a chance that many can truly find out what happens to the royal family of the Kingdom of Daventry.

This game is very true to the original series and features many of the storylines and characters, especially, of King’s Quest VI. I found it beautiful and fun to play. I, too, like many other fans, would like to see how this story unfolds!

Roberta Williams "

You're a hero, Cesar. Let me kiss your ass like your fanboys do every day on your forum.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Anakin, settle down already. Last warning.

• @puzzlebox said: Anakin, settle down already. Last warning.

I understand. Cesar is an ex-employee, so no disagreeing with him. I got it.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Anakin Skywalker said: I understand. Cesar is an ex-employee, so no disagreeing with him. I got it.

I'm not a Telltale employee and I don't know Cesar, but I do know you need some time to cool off.

• It's not about disagreeing and it's not about being related to Telltale, Anakin. You're being overly insulting to another human being.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Yep, Anakin has some ban time. General civility should be common sense, but it's point 1 in ye olde forum guidelines should anyone need a refresher.

• Exactly Anakin, as has been said, man - it's not about disagreeing. It's about civil discourse. You descended into baiting and attacking. It's not worth it; you're not going to cause any kind of social revolution that way. You're just going to end up banned.

And Cez, you don't need to defend you or your game to him. You don't have to defend you or your game to anyone.

Bt

Add Comment