User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I finished Metroid Other M (Very glad I didn't pay full price for it. It's a good game, just not great. And not especially long either. 81% completion at 8 hours (81% meaning I didn't find all the hidden extras and stuff.)

I have Apollo Justice technically on the go, but I'm reading a book at the moment, so I haven't gone back to that after the first case. And soon I'll have those freebie GBA games to play that Nintendo promised us would be coming this month.

• @DAISHI said: This. Very into the Last Specter right now. I always love how I get sucked into these Layton games.

I finished Last Specter last week. I think it was the worst Layton game so far, but still pretty fantastic.

• Kind of sad to hear. I reared up a bit in Unwound Future.

• I'm normally on my PS3 when I play games but for the last several weeks I've Gone back.to my gaming PC ways, so the last week in a half I've been Playing the F2P TRIBES: Ascend Beta Nonstop.

It's taking awhile to remaster the controls again since playing TRIBES 1 one-handed but, Now that I have, All I can say is, It's good to be back and taking names again in CTF after all these years.:cool:

• @DrRocketGenius said: I finished Last Specter last week. I think it was the worst Layton game so far, but still pretty fantastic.

The story dragged a bit relative to the other games, allthough I preferred the range of puzzles compared to Unwound Future which is still think is the worst in the series

Been playing AC:Revelations, I appreciate them experimenting with new gameplay mechanics, but some of them just aren't fun like the tower defence and I'm craving the repetition of the first 2 games. Doesnt help my enjoyment having Skyrim paused on the 360, back on that now.

• Been playing on my first Game Boy.

2011-11-14040453.jpg

Ah, the days before backlighting.

• Wormlight FTW! Mine died like seven years ago though, so not so win in that regard but ah the memories.

They have Link's Awakening on the 3DS Virtual Console now, and a version of Four Swords that is both free until February and can be played single player. That could be very helpful in your Zelda quest, though it is a lot for just a couple of games. They have said the next handheld Zelda will be an original title though, so you may have to get a 3DS eventually :p

• I already need to get a 3DS for Kingdom Hearts. The only questions are "When?", "How much will the price have dropped?", and "Will a new hardware revision be out by then?".

• That's true, a 3DS redesign with two inbuilt circle pads (like the original should have had) seems like an inevitability, heck it's probably just around the corner. The good news is by the time it comes out the 3DS should have some decent games, like Mario 3DS Land and Mario Kart 7.

Plus the Ambassador Program is already closed. I say bide your time and pick one up when it feels right.

• The circle pad is a good one, yes, but I'm also hoping for an improved battery life.

Add Comment