User Avatar Image

Jp 4

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @SWGNATE said: true ive seen this as well... i assume this is why it was deleted... everything about it is fine.... i think speilberg didnt want to close any doors to a sequel on nublar but thats just me

Spielberg left the ending of the film more open than the novel to leave room for a sequel, but then Crichton penned a completely different direction for The Lost World which Spielberg then followed (albeit loosely) for the film version, leaving no real closure on the status of Isla Nublar in the film universe.
    This discrepency was compensated by Ludlow's speech in the deleted scene about the Nublar disposal, and I like to think that the intend of that scene shoud still be recognized despite being deleted, but I do go back and forth on it, too. For example, Isla Nublar and "two islands with dinosaurs on them" are mentioned a couple times in JP3, but a character never steps in to correct or clarify that Nublar was destroyed. On the other hand, nobody in either sequel ever mentions going to Nublar as a possibility for dinosaur research or capture or sight-seeing, either; only Sorna.
    I think you're right: they've been careful not to paint themselves into a corner one way or the other in order to leave it open for a future sequel or storyline.

• @jurassiraptor said: Spielberg left the ending of the film more open than the novel to leave room for a sequel, but then Crichton penned a completely different direction for The Lost World which Spielberg then followed (albeit loosely) for the film version, leaving no real closure on the status of Isla Nublar in the film universe.
    This discrepency was compensated by Ludlow's speech in the deleted scene about the Nublar disposal, and I like to think that the intend of that scene shoud still be recognized despite being deleted, but I do go back and forth on it, too. For example, Isla Nublar and "two islands with dinosaurs on them" are mentioned a couple times in JP3, but a character never steps in to correct or clarify that Nublar was destroyed. On the other hand, nobody in either sequel ever mentions going to Nublar as a possibility for dinosaur research or capture or sight-seeing, either; only Sorna.
    I think you're right: they've been careful not to paint themselves into a corner one way or the other in order to leave it open for a future sequel or storyline.

JP Legacy considers it canon. They even quoted in a podcast that Spielberg was sad to see the scene go. So one can assume that it's supposed to fit into the continuity especially since there has been no mention of Nublar since.

• @Cyberscribe said: JP Legacy considers it canon. They even quoted in a podcast that Spielberg was sad to see the scene go. So one can assume that it's supposed to fit into the continuity especially since there has been no mention of Nublar since.

i dont know about you guys but i would love to see them go back to a destroyed isla nublar. perferrably to find dirt on biosyn and save InGen

• If anyone fancies a little read, I wrote this piece about JP4 (and the franchise in general) for my blog a few months ago. :D
    http://adamwareing.blogspot.com/2011/08/jurassic-park-to-be-resurrected-for.html

• @Cyberscribe said: I'm not referring to the book. There is a deleted scene in the Lost World where Ludlow is discussing that InGen disposed of Isla Nublar facilities both organic and inorganic.

@Cyberscribe said: true ive seen this as well... i assume this is why it was deleted... everything about it is fine.... i think speilberg didnt want to close any doors to a sequel on nublar but thats just me

It's more likely they deleted it because it slowed the film down and a lot of it was needless exposition, but it's not really fair to consider a deleted scene canon. I'm sure they can write anything they want about Isla Nublar in the upcoming sequel.

• A few days ago, director Joe Johnston, on the promotional campaign for his latest film Captain America, mentioned that he may be taking up the reins on the Jurassic Park franchise, and even hinted that his involvement may herald a new trilogy of dinosaur-themed movies.

“We are in discussions about Jurassic Park 4," Johnston told Screen Rant. “The most important thing I can tell you is that it starts a new trilogy that will go off in a different direction - a completely different direction that is very exciting, and different from anything we’ve seen.”

Over at the San Diego Comic-Con, meanwhile, Steven Spielberg’s been promoting his own forthcoming movie, which is, of course, Tintin. While on the discussion panel talking about that film, the topic of conversation turned to the JP franchise, and Spielberg has officially announced that Jurassic Park 4 is, indeed, on the way, and that it already has a writer attached. He further stated that they had a story in mind, and that the film will be with us in the next two or three years.

It’s little more than a news snippet for now, admittedly, but for our the inner child in us who loves nothing more than to watch big dinosaurs breaking things, we’re more than a little excited about this prospect.

site
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/989162/steven_spielberg_officially_announces_jurassic_park_4.html

• I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I want to audition for JP4. Jurassic Park was always the movie that I wanted to be in when I was younger. It still kinda is. :rolleyes:

• I think personally from all intentions it was just a good idea not to include any mention of the islands getting destroyed,if you really think about it in the end the dinosaurs are on an island their self-contained theres no way off the island except via human transportation means.

And the part about the first island getting destroyed by a hurricane sounds like rubbish if that happened it would also happen to the other island and were talking about one heck of a hurricane of bibilical proportions,bombardment and an army execution of the island seems excessive and uneeded in fact if memory serves correct Hammond mentioned a few times the Costa Rican goverment and army will do nothing.

Essentially leaving the islands alone leaves more open possibilities.

Lastly if a Jurassic park 4 is made please let Speilberg direct it and not the guy from the 3rd movie no offence the 3rd movie wasnt bad but it didnt have the hype and feel of the first 2 movies.

• @DiegoTengo said: I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I want to audition for JP4. Jurassic Park was always the movie that I wanted to be in when I was younger. It still kinda is. :rolleyes:

Actually, you probably won't want to audition for JP4. There won't be much thrill in it. I can almost 100% guarantee that there won't be a single animatronic dinosaur on that production. Just a lot of green-screen.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I liked the basic premise of JP3. The problem was that they ignored paleontology in some places(ie. the Spinosaurus) and tried to acknowledge it badly in others(raptor quills). That and some contrived plot devices...and killing off the T-rex...and the fact that the movie was a good half hour shorter than the other two movies...

I personally do not want a JP4. Not unless they plan on going back to the beginning to actually ADAPT the novels. A fourth movie...poor Crichton's rolling in his grave.

NOVELS ARE NOT ADAPTED TO MOVIES. For you children that just can't possibly grasp the concept of scenes, filming, dialogue, transition, timing, and pace, you have to understand that full length novels cannot be, and never are, literally adapted to film. Not. Ever.

Add Comment