User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.9K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

For one, they mentioned that Catherine Tates guest starred with Matt Smith. I wouldn't hold my breath, really.

• Variety reported it, which I feel is a fairly reputable source. It's actually logical, too, seeing as Warner Brothers is trying to find a franchise to fill a certain Potter-sized hole in their schedules that could last for some time.

Also; there'll be both a trailer for the Christmas Special and a new mini-episode during Children in Need! Doubt it'll be as neat as, say, Time Crash, though. (Although we could always hope the slim chance they've gotten Paul McGann back)

Oh, also; there's a series of five shorts totalling around 15 minutes on the Series Six set. Two are just fun adventures a la Time and Space, one is a prequel to Closing Time featuring James Corden, and the last two form a two-parter, with the first called 'First Night' and featuring the Doctor visiting River on her first night in Prison. The second one is called 'Last Night', and I'd speculate we may be seeing the Singing Towers here. Mentlegen, get your hankies.

• Well, from what I've found, here's the original report that's causing all the fuss:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046098

• @Ribs said: (Although we could always hope the slim chance they've gotten Paul McGann back)

Oh, I so wish that were the case. McGann was the Doctor that made me a fan, really, and he was amazing in the audios, especially in the Lucie Miller finale earlier this year (which I need to relisten to soon, I think!). But, like you said, slim chance. It's rare when filmmaker's take a much loved property and actually make something good out of it.

• Egad! You voted for Paul McGann in the poll! If we somehow reopened the poll, I'd probably go for McGann now too. He is really great. And to think I used to think Friar was a tad bit loopy for liking him so much...

• I hope we get a Time Crash involving Sylvester McCoy. Hehe Sylvester agreed with me that he sgould have been in Time Crash :p.

• @coolsome said: I hope we get a Time Crash involving Sylvester McCoy. Hehe Sylvester agreed with me that he sgould have been in Time Crash :p.

I'd say it'd work because Eleven is quite like Seven at his most master manipulative, but I do think it's unlikely we'll see any past Doctor. It'll probably just be an innocent little short with a very small cast.

• @DoctorDodge said: Well, from what I've found, here's the original report that's causing all the fuss:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046098

Yeah, I doubt this. "One of the pubcaster's most lucrative global TV franchises"? Mm-Hm.

• In unrelated news, Colin Baker will be on this year's Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

• @Ribs said: In unrelated news, Colin Baker will be on this year's Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

Now my life is complete!

Add Comment