User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.3K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ribs said: In unrelated news, Colin Baker will be on this year's Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

Hmm... I might actually watch that show sometime then!

I still maintain that a doctor who special version of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" or "Big brother" is a must. Tom baker swinging through trees and eating kangaroo testicles? Why not.

Also, it's Paul McGann's birthday today. And there is no-one on the forum that shares his birthday, ergo he is not a member. :(

• @Friar said: "Big brother" is a must.

Only if Christopher Eccleston is on it.

• @coolsome said: Only if Christopher Eccleston is on it.

You have got to be kidding me.

• @Ribs said: You have got to be kidding me.

4749667_f520.jpg

• @Ribs said: Egad! You voted for Paul McGann in the poll! If we somehow reopened the poll, I'd probably go for McGann now too. He is really great. And to think I used to think Friar was a tad bit loopy for liking him so much...

That I am. :p

• Apparently the BBC have tweeted that the David Yate's movie is complete nonsense. Thank the lord!

• @DoctorDodge said: Apparently the BBC have tweeted that the David Yate's movie is complete nonsense. Thank the lord!

"A Doctor Who feature film remains in development w/ BBC Worldwide Productions in LA. As of yet no script, cast or production crew in place."

Was what they tweeted.

*edit*
    Okay, the bbc confirmed Yates as a director.
    Source
    Back to bed now, I think.

• @Friar said: "A Doctor Who feature film remains in development w/ BBC Worldwide Productions in LA. As of yet no script, cast or production crew in place."

Was what they tweeted.

That's what BBC Worldwide reported, not the BBC, two different things altogether. Which could be the problem: BBC Worldwide could want a Doctor Who movie to be made, but the BBC aren't interested. Why we're getting so many conflicting reports at the moment, I think.

*edit*
    Okay, the bbc confirmed Yates as a director.
    Source
    Back to bed now, I think.

Again, BBC News are reporting what they've heard on some other website.

Yates, who directed the last four Potter films, told Variety that he is about to start work on developing a "Doctor Who" film with the BBC.

Too many conflicting reports are flying about, I think. The same thing happened with Johnny Depp, and it's happening now. I'm gonna give it a week for the reports to die down and have a proper announcement made about what's going on.

• tumblr_lumzvoGNa81qcuzdqo1_500.jpg

Still a bit surprised by this all movie business. I mean, I like Yates as much as the next guy, but Richard Franklin isn't well known for directing. badumtish

Also; this thing popped up on Forbidden Planet.
    80498.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

Add Comment