User Avatar Image

Telltale damages the JP jeep they borrowed

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

According to the neogaf/something aweful´s forums Telltale apperantly has borrowed the JP jeep, and the man that let Telltale borrow it are not to happy about it´s condition right now.

The link under sends you to neogaf forums with pictures before and after.
I respect you as game designers telltale but I am not lending you my car.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451954

158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RAnthonyMahan said: I'm not trying to say that this isn't a big deal, but it's definitely not as big a deal as people think. You can be upset, but don't act like Telltale's the devil and don't wish for people's hard work to crumble to pieces.

This is fully the case, thank you for putting it so astutely.

• Wow. Sadly im getting the game for free because im ps plus user. I love the Jp franchise. I am looking forward to the game but for only 2000 $ damage that was their fault, they are letting this bad publicty continue? The Hardcore jp community who are the majority ofnthe people who are going to buy the game are very active on jp message boards other then here. Telltale needs to pay for repairs then if there was insurance like they said there would be then telltale needs to try to retrive the money from the insurance not the owner. When a contract is made like this the law is that the item needs to return in the relitive condition when it was loaned. A civial case thll win for the owner, because once again its telltales responibity to make sure the car is returned undamaged, and if its damaged they pay the owner then then telltale trys to get money from the insurance or suenthe insurance. For them to say its not our problem is ridicula and illegal. The legal department obviously is run by the kids of the lawyer got eaten by thetrex. If telltale doesnt do what i said imediatly then in civial lawsuit they will be liable for the damages, court fees, lawyer fees, ccompensation for any work/money lost for events lke pax. I. The end that 2000 bill will be 10000$ bill ot to mentio. Te bad publicity. I sugest going to the media with this, they. Love drama like thiss especially when the people liable are releasing products like the jp game. Contact cnn at the very least there wi ll be an article on ther website.

By tahe way if they dont pay then sue for lost work even if its a lie they could never prove otherwise thus xue for the max small claims $ which is 10000-20000 depending where you live, its a 100 % win. Telltale you guys are disgusting for not owning up and for not following the law in these situations.

• I have a feeling JP: The Game could get poor reviews because of this, it's sad really. All that hard work crumbles after someone had to ruin this guys car.

• IF this is true (and who knows, really, whether or not it is, at this point?) then it's a disappointment and hopefully they'll make it right.

But I'm still going to play Jurassic Park: The Game and I look forward to tomorrow and receiving my deluxe edition material in the mail, and I still love Telltale.

• You gotta be kidding me this is all the fuss is about?

Any Good qualified expert in cars or auto-repair can have those extremly minor damages fixed with the car looking back in pristine condition.

People are blowing this thread outta proportion like the car was demolished or someone got killed,chill people take a drink and chillllllllllll...like iceman.

Of course with all respect as long as the damages get paid everything should be fine.

• I dont see why this has gone on so long though. Get a estimate to repair the damage, TTG cuts a check. End of story. They could have killed this months ago.

Can someone from TTG explain why this is not the case ? Why it has come to this point ?

• Why are we still arguing about this?

• @mrGREEK360 said: Wow. Sadly im getting the game for free because im ps plus user. I love the Jp franchise. I am looking forward to the game but for only 2000 $ damage that was their fault, they are letting this bad publicty continue? The Hardcore jp community who are the majority ofnthe people who are going to buy the game are very active on jp message boards other then here. Telltale needs to pay for repairs then if there was insurance like they said there would be then telltale needs to try to retrive the money from the insurance not the owner. When a contract is made like this the law is that the item needs to return in the relitive condition when it was loaned. A civial case thll win for the owner, because once again its telltales responibity to make sure the car is returned undamaged, and if its damaged they pay the owner then then telltale trys to get money from the insurance or suenthe insurance. For them to say its not our problem is ridicula and illegal. The legal department obviously is run by the kids of the lawyer got eaten by thetrex. If telltale doesnt do what i said imediatly then in civial lawsuit they will be liable for the damages, court fees, lawyer fees, ccompensation for any work/money lost for events lke pax. I. The end that 2000 bill will be 10000$ bill ot to mentio. Te bad publicity. I sugest going to the media with this, they. Love drama like thiss especially when the people liable are releasing products like the jp game. Contact cnn at the very least there wi ll be an article on ther website.

By tahe way if they dont pay then sue for lost work even if its a lie they could never prove otherwise thus xue for the max small claims $ which is 10000-20000 depending where you live, its a 100 % win. Telltale you guys are disgusting for not owning up and for not following the law in these situations.

Read caeska's post, Telltale didn't cause the damage, the car carrier did, therefore they don't really have to pay anything.

• @mightypiratetm said: Read caeska's post, Telltale didn't cause the damage, the car carrier did, therefore they don't really have to pay anything.

They do have to pay something, I don't know how much. That is if this goes to the legal team.

Now let me straighten things up,

Is Telltale REALLY at fault? Slightly

Should the game be at risk? No

Should everyone at Telltale that isn't part of this need to be insulted and told they should never get money again? No

If Gabe from Valve drove this Jeep and crashed it, would his whole team need to be insulted, told they should die, call Valve a horrible company that needs to lose profit from a bunch of redditors? Fucking NO

Should we be concerned? No

Should Reddit be concerned? No

Should the owner of the Jeep be concerned? Yes

Should the Legal team at Telltale be concerned? Yes

Should the CEO of Telltale be concerned? Probably

Are we the legal team? No

Are we the CEO? No

Then why are we caring this much? Because we wanna make this a big deal, I had my dad look at the photos and he says that this isn't a big deal. That the owner of the Jeep is making this look like somebody at Telltale was drunk and banged the car up. This is all a big mistake that will be resolved in the days ahead. Now sit back and enjoy the game when it comes out!

• to get a bit off topic here, and to make something constructive (finally)...Telltale, can u tell us when new merchandise will come to the store...I am dying to see T shirts :)

This discussion has been closed.