User Avatar Image

Telltale damages the JP jeep they borrowed

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

According to the neogaf/something aweful´s forums Telltale apperantly has borrowed the JP jeep, and the man that let Telltale borrow it are not to happy about it´s condition right now.

The link under sends you to neogaf forums with pictures before and after.
I respect you as game designers telltale but I am not lending you my car.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451954

158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Faceslasher said:
    Then why are we caring this much? Because we wanna make this a big deal, I had my dad look at the photos and he says that this isn't a big deal. That the owner of the Jeep is making this look like somebody at Telltale was drunk and banged the car up. This is all a big mistake that will be resolved in the days ahead. Now sit back and enjoy the game when it comes out!

Well if that is what YOUR DAD said who are we to argue.

Actually wait a minute ... first of all ... the owner of the jeep didn't say anything about anyone from TellTale being drunk and/or banging up the Jeep. He was clear and concise about what DID happen ... and whose fault it was, and how TellTale rather than resolve the issue has decided to ignore him and blame others and basically say "not our problem" in a manner of speaking.

So. That said I would suggest that your dad is not an expert on these matters. Also he may want to learn how to read things before passing such outlandish conclusions.

p.s. is your dad's name Matlock?

• *shrugs* Leave it to the lawyers, it's the american way :)
    Personally, I think making the matter public is childish and the immature way to handle things. TattleTellTaling? I do, however, agree that people should pay for damages they caused. So if it's true, nobody has handled this properly and whatever the outcome, this person didn't take the proper course of action regardless. This matter will not affect my personal opinion of products presented(are the programmers, artists, etc responsible? no), it just makes me shake my head at the whole thing.

• http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/mceic/about_that_jurassic_park_jeep/

This is our official comment on the matter, from Kevin Bruner.

Thanks to most of you for keeping this thread civil.

-Michael

• Here is Kevins Bruner response now can we all get along ??

Hello Reddit,

Kevin Bruner from Telltale here. Today there has been quite the buzz about how Telltale reportedly damaged the Jurassic Park Jeep lent to us at PAX. Telltale has in fact been in regular contact with the owner of the Jeep and the last we heard, he was in the process of completing an insurance claim.

The Jeep was damaged on the way to Seattle, before anyone from Telltale every saw or touched it. Telltale used the shipping company that the owner asked us to use. When it arrived we just saw an awesome, well loved, but also well used, Jeep. We had no way of knowing that anything had happened to the Jeep in transport, as it appeared in reasonable condition. Anyone who came by the show and took a picture with the Jeep can attest that the Jeep looked pretty damn cool, and not obviously damaged.

The fact that the Jeep was damaged before we had access to it, and some dispute over the amount of damage caused in transport vs. existing damage has complicated the claim, which has made the process take a long time.

But, today I wake up to find that there is a campaign the day before our game launch to discredit Telltale. Since Telltale didn't actually do anything negligent, we've been using the insurance we purchased to cover this, but it has been time consuming. Apparently too time consuming. To expedite this, I'll be writing a personal check to cover what we understand the damages to be - this way we won't need to hash this out publicly any longer.

Some people seem to think that Telltale has grown into some giant corporation that doesn't care about people anymore. Nothing could be further from the truth. We started the company to make games that are about writing, acting and atmosphere and not about blowing shit up. Since we've gone out on this limb, we've had some successes (and failures) and earned the chance to work with great licenses like Monkey Island, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and Walking Dead. All of our games are super faithful to the licenses, and lovingly crafted to make the best fan experience possible. Fans seem to enjoy them, which makes us super proud. We hate that most licensed games are a driver or a shooter with a license slapped on it, which we've never been about.

So I'll fast track getting the Jeep fixed by paying for it personally, even though I don't like the circumstances this is going down in. Perhaps some of you who are hating on Telltale might be inclined to check out Jurassic Park tomorrow and give us a chance to change your mind. is enough

• So you guys were trying to resolve this all along? Also, turns out this Boomerjinks guy was sick of waiting for the insurance claim to be completed and decided to be a dick to telltale.

• @TellTaleScrewsPeople said: Well if that is what YOUR DAD said who are we to argue.

Actually wait a minute ... first of all ... the owner of the jeep didn't say anything about anyone from TellTale being drunk and/or banging up the Jeep. He was clear and concise about what DID happen ... and whose fault it was, and how TellTale rather than resolve the issue has decided to ignore him and blame others and basically say "not our problem" in a manner of speaking.

So. That said I would suggest that your dad is not an expert on these matters. Also he may want to learn how to read things before passing such outlandish conclusions.

p.s. is your dad's name Matlock?

Heh, he works for a car dealership. Most cars he get come with scratches and bangs since they ship from Japan.

• Oh wait that guy is just another idiot sent to flame Telltale, hmph.

• @Johro said: *shrugs* Leave it to the lawyers, it's the american way :)
    Personally, I think making the matter public is childish and the immature way to handle things. TattleTellTaling? I do, however, agree that people should pay for damages they caused. So if it's true, nobody has handled this properly and whatever the outcome, this person didn't take the proper course of action regardless. This matter will not affect my personal opinion of products presented(are the programmers, artists, etc responsible? no), it just makes me shake my head at the whole thing.

While it is childish, but if after 2-3 months and he keeps getting dicked around or hasn't recievec compensation, then this is the best way to do it. However, it is nice to see TellTale pay him now that it's settled.

• @Elvenmonk said: While it is childish, but if after 2-3 months and he keeps getting dicked around or hasn't recievec compensation, then this is the best way to do it. However, it is nice to see TellTale pay him now that it's settled.

If you read what Kevin said, he tried to get the insurance to pay him, but it never happened. So he just payed him directly to end it.

• I'm thinking this is over...that we need to lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.